Farewell TXFM; welcome... (1 Viewer)

Back when i had a blog I wrote a fairly light hearted (I thought) and very quick (literally jotted the notes for it down on a piece of paper when I was stuck in traffic) thing called "20 things to improve Phantom" or some shit like that.......

This reminds me of when I wrote to John Kenny at 2fm suggesting a load of changes to the Metal Show. Sure enough all my suggestions were implemented. No thanks, no mention, no credit. I could be running RTE by now, 'sake.

I always regret not calling him to tell him EnuffZ'Enuff is not pronounced Enough 2 Enough

Playing nurse with wound on the breakfast show starts being questioned.
i switched on the radio in the car the weekend before last and sleep: dopesmoker was being played in its entirety on some local south australian station

which was unexpected

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

surprised that even a sanitised "indie rock" station isn't viable. it's not faultless, but still a real shame to see it go.

claire beck crying yesterday was a nice little burst of emotion, poor claire. joe donnelly has been good since going solo. and I'm going to give John Cadell his dues here, he played Dylan's Street-Legal last night while I was in the car, never heard it before, and I am definitely going to get a copy now. Sounded great.

Yeah, same here. But then, I rarely listened to it in recent times myself, even though at a basic level, it should have been my port of call.

Right, and I'd say the same about myself. Which is why I think they failed miserably at what they were supposed to be doing.

Anyway, gone now. A real shame, but such is life.

Yeah it's a shame. It was my main listening for daytime radio. For all it faults I'd still take it over any other station during the day. Ah well..........

I can't remember the specifics, but why did they re-brand as TXFM? What's it meant to stand for - transmission FM or sumthing?

Does anyone under 40 really rely on the radio for music? The kids have spotify/youtube/whatevs out the fucking wazoo. Indie is also not the draw it was even in the late '00s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back