The 'Bands I don't Get' thread (2 Viewers)

We need a Steely Dan album for TAC

John Grant and Wilco, more so the former, are in the same zone as far as I am concerned. I love a lot of their music but overall I am kinda underwhelmed. They're not terrible by any means and I've seen the latter in concert loads and enjoyed but their diehard fandom always feels a bit odd to me. Long story short, I don't enjoy things any more.

I'm no longer certain about not getting Steely Dan. I've been listening to Aja a lot since before christmas and I love it now. I haven't bothered trying any of their other albums though, apart from one or two listens to Gaucho.
if anything I dislike them even more. Aja is terrible and you are terrible for liking it.

We need a Steely Dan album for TAC
agreed. I could do with hating on something.

Aja is their masterpiece. Smooth jazzy soul pop rock.

I rate the SD albums
1 Aja
2 The Royal scam
3 Goucho
4 Two against nature
5 Can't buy a thrill
6 Pretzel Logic
7 Countdown to ecstasy
8 Kathy Lied
9 Everything must go

Wilco.

Just.... boring.

People point to these songs and are all "listen to the crazy guitar in the background all the way through, AMAZING", and fine there's that, but it's not the background that's the problem here.

I know i'm wrong but I just can't get my head around them.
I thought I was alone in not loving Wilco. They come across as being really interesting on paper but it's not there in the music for me.

7qIYMrT.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back