Trigger Warning (2 Viewers)

If equality is really where it’s at, what about all the words which men might find offensive?

Perhaps they don’t like being called a “hunk”, a “stud” or a “fine thing”. Maybe they don’t like being referred to as a “geezer”, a “git” or a “cad”. Or what about people suggesting that a man is “arrogant” or “cocky” because he is ambitious and wants to get ahead. Maybe thousands of men go home every evening feeling “undermined” by the words used to describe them.

hear hear! It's 2016 for chrissake.

Somehow I doubt we will see pictures splashed across the tabloids of a group of young men holding balloons with a variety of words they don’t like written across them.

It would be ludicrous wouldn’t it? And would make them seem weak and more than a bit pathetic. They would be a laughing stock. This is exactly what this campaign is doing for the women involved. Far from empowering them, it is showing them up to be over-sensitive, feeble and rather ridiculous.

OOOHHH

she was being sarcastic.

I'll never get a good dowry at this rate.

S.E. Hinton got in argument with some twitter folk last night on whether or not her characters are gay. She did one pretty poorly worded tweet (how is that a thing) that made her seem like a big anti gay monster but she mainly said the characters weren't written as gay, interpret as you see fit but back it up with the text. Grand.

Saw one response from some eejit going "you're a YA writer, you should be writing characters to make your audience and readers feel safe".

One of the worst sentences I have ever read.

Political correctness lads, it's gone too far.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Had a feeling this would crop up here.

Anyway..
LynchMob1990.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

10 minutes of my fucking life. And for what? Jesus, the world needs a zombie apocalypse. But here's the plot twist, maybe this is the zombie apocalypse. And the zombies are fuckwits. And instead of brains they feast on self importance. And instead of murmuring hmmmmmmmmmrrrrppphhh they're tweeting instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back