New album excitement (1 Viewer)

looking forward to the Gamesviolet album

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I had a deep reply to this, but thanks Virgin fucking media. It's gone. Lost forever.

Basically I'll never be as excited about something as I was then, cos now I'm old. That's it.

And Metallica will never release an album as good as Master of Puppets. In fact, no one will. Ever again. So that's it. Music is done. I've less time for new things. I don't know if new music is better or worse than before. I tell a lie, I do know. It's worse. But past of what takes me back and has me still listening to Justice and Puppets (for example) is I still get a vicarious thrill from it, like I'm listening to it through my younger ears. I'd say a good 90% of my listening was released before 1992.

But that's life. It's harder to give a shit or find the time.

Ah, I don't think it's any worse (I personally think popular music was shittest in the late 90s) but yeah, it is harder to find the time. We're also bombarded with content nowadays so it's easy to get jaded.

Having said that, I'm looking forward to giving the new Candiria album a blast.

Ah, I don't think it's any worse (I personally think popular music was shittest in the late 90s) but yeah, it is harder to find the time. We're also bombarded with content nowadays so it's easy to get jaded.

Having said that, I'm looking forward to giving the new Candiria album a blast.
Whether it's good or bad or better or worse kind of isn't even th argument, is it? It's more to do with getting older and generally less excited about things. Nowadays the idea of a day doing absolutely fuck all is my idea of heaven. I don't have the energy or time to parse new information. So I just stick with the old stuff that I already love...

one thing I cannot stand about modern pop is the proliferation of autotuned voices. Makes everyone sound the same. But then, they manufacture pop artists to some kinda unit shifting algorithm, so that's hardly surprising.

Now, I have to go back to shouting at clouds for a while.

I despair of the youngsters when I hear them sing. Why do they do that dreadful over-emoted warbling thing whenever they open their mouths? Don't they realise the danger that this could take generations to stamp out? I inclined to think it's Adele's faultbut I'm not sure

Whether it's good or bad or better or worse kind of isn't even th argument, is it? It's more to do with getting older and generally less excited about things. Nowadays the idea of a day doing absolutely fuck all is my idea of heaven. I don't have the energy or time to parse new information. So I just stick with the old stuff that I already love...

totally, getting older your not going to get the shift for the first time anytime soon. All that teen years memory forming / growing up craic is great and its going to be nigh on impossible to recreate that chemical / new things blend that is going to coincide with a record that talks to your generation. Untill something huge happens in your life and a record that makes perfect sense with that event comes along, that's not going to happen again.

This is why Oasis are allowed to reform, and be given money for it.

Being aware of the fact that I amnt going to go through puberty again and accepting music in the now is where i'm at. I'm getting to a point where I nearly don't recognise pre-recorded music in social spaces as music. It has to be live, of the moment, happening now.

I despair of the youngsters when I hear them sing. Why do they do that dreadful over-emoted warbling thing whenever they open their mouths? Don't they realise the danger that this could take generations to stamp out? I inclined to think it's Adele's faultbut I'm not sure

Christina Aguilera took that to extreme leeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuueengths.

303.gif

Ah, yes. the forcing out a stubborn poo singing.

I still get excited about new albums but all too often they'd be stuff that sounds an awful lot like stuff I've been listening to for years, so does that even count?

this
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

probably does count as voigt doesn't seem to (re)issue the same versions of any of the albums, frequently tweaking, re-editing or lengthening certain tracks, e.g.
:

can't fathom why the debut 3lp isn't included though (the only one i have on original vinyl), so it's hardly the definitive gas set. there's also a chunk of compilation tracks and the gas book/cd yet to be vinyled.

prices had gone sky high for originals, so at least these are in print again.

Well this is exciting, a new GAS album: GAS - Narkopop - Boomkat

But fuck my life- why can't anyone release a twenty quid record anymore???

Well this is exciting, a new GAS album: GAS - Narkopop - Boomkat

But fuck my life- why can't anyone release a twenty quid record anymore???
jesus christ, only realised the cost of this now. that is pure madness. have the nah und fern cd set. would imagine having to flip 3 records to listen to his album would wreck the great flow which is a real pro of the other 4 releases. would have probably pulled the trigger on the nah und fern LP set otherwise

jesus christ, only realised the cost of this now. that is pure madness. have the nah und fern cd set. would imagine having to flip 3 records to listen to his album would wreck the great flow which is a real pro of the other 4 releases. would have probably pulled the trigger on the nah und fern LP set otherwise
yeah, it'll be c.d. for me. nah und fern vinyl was only edited highlights - one track from each of the last 3 albums, plus one exclusive cut (and nothing from the self-titled debut)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back