The Apple Tax (1 Viewer)

"centrally managed and controlled"
Same as other European countries!

Why the EU are whinging, seeing as an Apple plant in any of their jurisdictions would be taxed in the same manner is beyond me.

It's the yanks who are at fault here - this is their problem to fix - but they don't they just whine and bitch about Ireland.

And the EU take bullshit lawsuits, that have more to do with throwing the rattle out of the pram over our 12.5% CT than anything to do with were Apple is deemed resident.
I guess this has the double benefit for them of disparaging Ireland and getting their hands on some of the booty anyway if it turns out that apple actually pay up.

It is not even about the general tax rate 12.5% (which is certainly lower than other EU states but perhaps not drastically so)
It is about special tax rulings been given specifically to Apple by the Irish state.
I think it is completely insane myself that they have managed to be paying almost zero percent in one year on there European sales.

I really have no problem with being a first world tax haven.

We don't spend our tax in a way that makes sense though, so no matter what kind of windfall lands through the door we'll end up with the same tiered glass ceiling shite we have already.

On my desk today was the DFI trying to get things agreed on ten years ago dealt with this year

Press statement from Disability Federation, 23 August 2016 - Disability Federation of Ireland

Also getting the feeling from the above posts that SME's aren't getting the 'haven' treatment' either.

But yeah, we probably need to be a tax haven to be realistic about trudging our way to a neoliberal dystopia.

It is about special tax rulings been given specifically to Apple by the Irish state.

So they are fond of saying.

What they are not so fond of clarifying is what the special rulings were, how the treatment in other EU jurisdictions would be different and point to another large multinational with a presence in Ireland who was treated differently.

I'm sick of foreign bullshit artist whinge about Ireland as a tax haven while refusing to admit that:

Residence rules are the same in other EU juristictions.
and
The crux of the issue is the US's rules are not the normal "centrally manged and controlled" but place of incorporation.

we could pick an issue, say homelessness, and eradicate it in one fell swoop.

Or the politicians and senior civil servants can just take it all and keep it for themselves (more likely).

Whatever happens, I hope it brings the government down so I can get a chance to NOT vote for Katherine fucking Zappone, the absolute prick.

we could pick an issue, say homelessness, and eradicate it in one fell swoop.

True, but..

You could eradicate a lot of problems of you decide taking money by fiat is acceptable.

Apple my be registered here, but they are non resident. That's not a special deal, it's the law as it's constructed here (and in other EU countries).

To tax a huge chunk of the profits of a non-resident company, not earned in Ireland, isn't logical or legal.

The EU are in a snit about the 12.5% rate.

Apple are able to be resident nowhere because US tax law is fucked up, not because Irish law was properly and fairly applied.

EU can go fuck themselves IMHO.

I presume this applies to loads of other companies too. Can't they just move Apple Sales International to an box office in Jersey and still pay fuck all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back