What television series are you currently making your way through? (5 Viewers)

Very meh. There's a new leader from the first generation who I hope will have his comeuppance soon enough. Wayward Pines is on the verge of a baby boom, almost every teenager is up the duff. The abbies appear to be retreating but I'm guessing they have something up their sleeves.

Outcast - new horror drama by the guy who created The Walking Dead. It's about this guy who was possessed by a demon as a kid and now goes around exorcising other people who are possessed because he still has some demon left in him. Not mind blowing but it's got a good atmosphere, a good cast and is very watchable.

Outcast (TV Series 2016– ) - IMDb

The Girlfriend Experience. Based on the Soderberg film. This is about an attorney who decided to become a high class call girl. Very good performance by the main woman. It's very slick, well crafted and slightly creepy in a Kubrickian way.

The Girlfriend Experience (TV Series 2016– ) - IMDb

Randomly watched an episode of Billy on the Street which turned into binge watching most of season 1. Billy Eichner runs around the streets of New York harassing people with popculture questions & quizzes. Very funny.

Fleabag. It's being touted by some as the British version of Girls. It's not really, but I guess there's enough sex jokes and rich hipster types in the city in it to make the comparison. First episode is ok. They do the breaking the fourth wall thing which I don't like. Some of the jokes are funny, others completely miss their mark. I'll probably stick with it for now.
Fleabag (TV Series 2016– ) - IMDb

This looks good
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

its tremendous.

And its set in the early 80s which automatically means the soundtrack is amazing.

its like all those films you watched as a kid, only good.

And yes, its very stephen king.

The Get Down: way too much "wack" and not nearly enough "get down" so far.

Finished Fargo S01 after putting off for ages.

Started The Walking Dead S04 reluctantly, a christmas present. Is this ever expected to end?

Just finished season 1 of Lady Dynamite. Maria Bamford plays a fictionalised version of herself trying to kick start her acting career after a mental breakdown. Very funny.

Now on to Bates Motel. I thought his would be Psycho for teens but it's actually pretty good. Good performances all round.

Spotless: Netflix thing set in London about 2 French brothers who clean up crime scenes for gangsters. It's not very good. Only watching it because I can't find the rest of The Night Of after kickass torrents has gone AWOL.

Some recent TV binge watching: Outsourced (US version, lighted hearted but funny), Inside Amy Schumer (a few episodes into season 3, great sketches, helluva lot of effort put into it).

Search Party starting Nov 21st starring Alia Shawkat.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

watched the first episode of season 2 of Narcos.

Looks like this season is gonna be far more gung-ho than season 1. Good stuff.

I should add, I have a friend in Columbia and I spoke to her about this show. Apparently it does not go down well with Colombian folk. Their's is a much more peaceful country than before, and they feel that sensationalising Escobar this way does not do much for the image of the country.

And also that the guy playing Escobar is from Brazil and has the fakest Colombian accent ever (not that us honkys would be able to tell).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back