What movie did you watch last night? (8 Viewers)

Wolfcop. It's awful. Avoid

Love. It is more interesting. The main pratagonist is a selfish arsehole. Even at the end, when he's finally honest, he's still a horrid caracter, yet, still quite human, not a one dimentional caricature, if that makes sense?

Wolfcop. It's awful. Avoid

Love. It is more interesting. The main pratagonist is a selfish arsehole. Even at the end, when he's finally honest, he's still a horrid caracter, yet, still quite human, not a one dimentional caricature, if that makes sense?
Yeah, I liked Love. The characters are pricks, for sure, but they're just pricks in their 20s getting the ride and being pricks to each other. No harm there.

Wiener Dog. Todd Solondz's sort of sequel to Welcome to the Dollhouse. 5 stories, each featuring the titular wiener dog. I loved it. Lots of moments where you're thinking "shit, is it ok to laugh at this?". Probably his best since Happiness.
Wiener-Dog_film_poster.jpg

Sightseers: Good but not as funny as I was expecting it to be. It was a bit standard British indie black comedy but with a few great moments. The two leads were great, the mother was good as well. Nice soundtrack selection too.

Suicide Squad: A mess but one that passed a Friday evening away. All the best one-liners are in the trailer and the whole thing felt like it was put together by a committee (and judging from what I've read online, that's precisely what happened). Not as dark as it was making itself out to be, too many characters, not enough plot and after all the hype about the Joker, he was barely in it.

Also had the misfotrune to see suicide squad. Awful rubbish. Every character being introduced with their own song, made start come accross as a long, boring video montague. the main part was just insultingly bad and then that ending..... reallly???? waste of time,money & effort.

Went to see Childhood of a Leader - very enjoyable, not without its flaws, but very impressive. Great score from Scott Walker, very loud, very tense and unsettling.

51VZVEFVM6L._SL500_AA280_.jpg.jpeg

One from the bank of late night recorded films.
Great 60s vibe.
Sophisticated, engaging film. If it's on again I say go for it.

The kid was great in it. Scary little bastard.

what did you think of the ending? Was he supposed to be Mussolini?

I took it to be more some generic totalitarian/fascist leader as opposed to someone specific. I really liked the ending though I can see how some might see it as laying it on a bit thick.[/SPOILER ]

I took it to be more some generic totalitarian/fascist leader as opposed to someone specific. I really liked the ending though I can see how some might see it as laying it on a bit thick.[/SPOILER ]
the final shot made me feel sick

So, watching this film and there were two girls in the cinema who were laughing and talking all the way through the film. One of them started talking on her phone at one point. The whole screen started shouting at them to shut up and one guy even threatened to "smash that fucking phone". Don't know why you'd go to such a weird, oblique art house film and proceed to act like a spa and talk and giggle the whole way through it. Surely with a title like The Childhood of a Leader you know you're not getting Transformers 5

the final shot made me feel sick

So, watching this film and there were two girls in the cinema who were laughing and talking all the way through the film. One of them started talking on her phone at one point. The whole screen started shouting at them to shut up and one guy even threatened to "smash that fucking phone". Don't know why you'd go to such a weird, oblique art house film and proceed to act like a spa and talk and giggle the whole way through it. Surely with a title like The Childhood of a Leader you know you're not getting Transformers 5
I like how a fascist style mob mentality where someone ends up threatening to smash a girl's phone breaks out at a movie about a burgeoning fascist leader.

On a related note, I went to see The Road when it came out and a group of Lads came in and were obviously not expecting what was about to come on screen. At the beginning, there's a shot of a road and one of them asks "Is that the road?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back