Film chat (3 Viewers)

Catching up on my movie going recently - saw Embrace of the Serpent, which was terrific. Beautifully shot and a great story.
Also saw Neon Demon which was not so terrific, though beautifully shot too. . I'm not sure I can be arsed bothering with Winding Refn films from here on. On the plus side at least Gosling wasn't in it doing his usual silent staring schtick.

2016 - 2018

RELEASE DATES AT A GLANCE

QUEEN OF KATWE – Dir. Mira Nair – 21st October
DOCTOR STRANGE – Dir. Scott Derrickson – 25th October
MOANA – Dir. Ron Clements and John Musker - 2nd December
STAR WARS: ROGUE ONE – Dir. Gareth Edwards – 16th December

FORTHCOMING HIGHLIGHTS

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST – Dir. Bill Condon - 17th March
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2 – Dir. James Gunn - 28th April
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES – Dir. Joachim Ronning and Espen Sandberg - 26th May
CARS 3 – Dir. Brian Fee - 14th July
THOR: RAGNAROK – Dir. Taika Waititi – 27th October
COCO – Dir. Lee Unkrich, Adrian Molina - 8th December
STAR WARS: EPISODE VIII – Dir. Rian Johnson – 15th December

BLACK PANTHER – Dir. Ryan Coogler – 9th Feb
WRECK IT RALPH 2 – Dir. Rich Moore, Phil Johnston – 9th March
AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR PART 1 – Dir. Joe and Anthony Russo – 27th April
ANT-MAN AND THE WASP – Dir. Peyton Reed – 29th June
TOY STORY 4 –Dir. John Lasseter – 13th July
GIGANTIC – Dir. Nathan Greno – 21st November

Toy Story 4!!!!

Women in Film and Television, Ireland presents
INNOVATORS
11am Saturday 22 October 2016
Lighthouse Cinema, Smithfield, Dublin

Women in Film and Television Ireland (WFT.I) in collaboration with the U.S Embassy of Ireland, present their October event INNOVATORS with a particular emphasis on creative, business and technological innovations in an ever-changing media landscape.

This exciting event includes the European Premiere of GD-IQ, a tool that employs video- and audio-recognition technology, along with algorithms, to identify gender, speaking time and additional details about characters presented in films, television shows and other media. For the first time this tool will be used to analyse an Irish film and results will be presented at the event.
The software, called the Geena Davis Inclusion Quotient (or GD-IQ), will speed up and automate the painstaking data-collection process that researchers use to study representation, a key initiative in recent years as the entertainment industry has begun to focus on equity onscreen.

Premiering the software is Madeline Di Nonno, the Chief Executive Officer of the Geena Davis Institute on Gender in Media, the only research based non-profit working with the entertainment and media community to improve gender diversity in children's entertainment through research based programs.

“The GD-IQ research is a tool to help inspire change,” said Di Nonno, “It’s not meant to criticize; it’s meant to have the facts so that content creators can be aware and learn from it.”

Joining Di Nonno is Dearbhla Walsh, the EMMY, IMMA and BAFTA Award Winning Director and Jennie Stacey, Director of Development at the multi-award-winning animation studio Brown Bag Films.

Director Dearbhla Walsh will speak to the different directing and storytelling approaches she takes when it comes to engaging audiences for drama, to those who are watching in a traditional episodic TV format, to those who want to binge watch online.

Jennie Stacey will speak to Brown Bag's innovations in storytelling, featuring their award winning work on titles including Doc McStuffins, Anya, Octonauts, Noddy in Toyland and more, and also in relation to the use of technology in animation, including the rabbit-rig used for the BBC CBeebies series Peter Rabbit.

The event will include presentations, panel discussions and Q&As. Refreshments will be provided. It is free to WIFT members; €10 for non-members. Booking at eventbrite.ie

On FIlm4 tongiht

Anyone seen it?

"The best and most terrifying film about Australia in existence." - @NickCave on Wake In Fright, which we're screening tonight at 11.15pm.

CvsfxSoWEAA3FQV.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back