The Night Of Thread (1 Viewer)

dunderhead

watched first episode there. new HBO eight parter. just read that james gandolfini was supposed to be one of the leads, credited as producer alright. anyway, good 80 minute opener. Nice to have a Monday night watch for the next couple of months.

New HBO drama. It's about a Pakistani-American college student who wakes up after a night of sex and drugs with a woman, to find her dead. He appears to have no recollection of what happened. The first episode is a belter.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Brilliant show, was about to start a thread when I saw dunderhead opened one. Briliant , well done mate...and just knew Bernie Lomax' impeccable taste would have drawn him/her here too.

I reckon there is going to be some killer twists in this and could be up there with True Detective for sheer quality entertainment. Lets hope so!

Brilliant show, was about to start a thread when I saw dunderhead opened one. Briliant , well done mate...and just knew Bernie Lomax' impeccable taste would have drawn him/her here too.

I reckon there is going to be some killer twists in this and could be up there with True Detective for sheer quality entertainment. Lets hope so!
Brilliant stuff. So gripping. Beautifully shot too - the attention to detail in things like the scratches on a desk or rain on a windscreen.

moving a little slower than I had imagined it would but still really enjoying it. Looking like there's gonna be a pretty big 'life in prison' part of the story which I didn't really expect from the show.

this has really picked up some seriously entertaining momentum in the last two episodes. 5 down, 3 to go. poised nicely

Bodi's pal was definitely my suspect from the go.
Or else it'll be that Nas actually did it!

Does anybody else think that the show has a lot of filler though?
Just loads and loads and loads of scenes that could be cut. Especially with John Tuturro's character.

Bodi's pal was definitely my suspect from the go.
Or else it'll be that Nas actually did it!

Does anybody else think that the show has a lot of filler though?
Just loads and loads and loads of scenes that could be cut. Especially with John Tuturro's character.
It's definitely plateaued mid season, and I wasn't expecting it to turn into a prison drama (in a fake looking prison), much as I enjoy prison dramas. I'm still enjoying it. I think revealing Nas to have a violent temper is a bit of misdirection.

It's definitely plateaued mid season, and I wasn't expecting it to turn into a prison drama (in a fake looking prison), much as I enjoy prison dramas. I'm still enjoying it. I think revealing Nas to have a violent temper is a bit of misdirection.
Maybe/maybe not. I think Michael K Williams is really fucking good in this.

And that actor who plays Detective Box. Damn is he good! Looks the absolute spit of Hans Zimmer too! But that sequence of him drawing the walk route was just kind of boring. Will it lead anywhere?

Bernie I actually think the prison stuff is the most interesting! But all the issues I have with the show are the same that I had with True Detective 2. Boring personally live stuff that is seemingly going to go nowhere (and I know we both had a bit of a soft spot for TD2).

Maybe/maybe not. I think Michael K Williams is really fucking good in this.

And that actor who plays Detective Box. Damn is he good! Looks the absolute spit of Hans Zimmer too! But that sequence of him drawing the walk route was just kind of boring. Will it lead anywhere?

Bernie I actually think the prison stuff is the most interesting! But all the issues I have with the show are the same that I had with True Detective 2. Boring personally live stuff that is seemingly going to go nowhere (and I know we both had a bit of a soft spot for TD2).
Agreed on the above. Michael K Smith is amazing. Riz Ahmed is fast becoming one of my favourite actors too. I rewatched Four Lions at the weekend. He's so good in that.

As much as I had a soft spot for TDS2 I think this is a classier, more coherent affair.

Agreed on the above. Michael K Smith is amazing. Riz Ahmed is fast becoming one of my favourite actors too. I rewatched Four Lions at the weekend. He's so good in that.

As much as I had a soft spot for TDS2 I think this is a classier, more coherent affair.
Riz Ahmed was deadly in Nightcrawler! First thing I saw him in and I just thought he was some Californian surfer actor guy.

I burned through all the available episodes of this in a couple of days.. it's very well made, and the opening couple of episodes were particularly engrossing, I'm not sure it's entirely lived up to that opening (the prison life stuff seems a bit old hat at this stage) but I'm hooked enough to want to see how it ends. There are some weird tonal shifts from the grim to quirky, I've definitely had more than enough of Turturro's character's flaky feet at this stage.

The last two episodes haven't been great tbf. It doesn't seem to know if it wants to be a prison drama, a courtroom drama, a murder mystery or a quirky comedy about Turturro's scabby feet. I'm sticking with it because the acting and cinematography are second to none.

So do yall think the possible "big reveal" will be Nas actually doing it? They seemed to have dismissed two alternative suspects as quickly as they came into play.

So do yall think the possible "big reveal" will be Nas actually doing it? They seemed to have dismissed two alternative suspects as quickly as they came into play.
Yeah the way it's going I think they will create enough reasonable doubt to get him off, but the reveal will be that not only did he do it but he's become a full fledged gang monster thanks to his prison experience.

Yeah the way it's going I think they will create enough reasonable doubt to get him off, but the reveal will be that not only did he do it but he's become a full fledged gang monster thanks to his prison experience.
It's hard to know since obviously it's fiction. If I was on the jury I'd definitely think he was guilty.

Do you think detective Box is going to have trouble sleeping now and will reinvestigate the case or do you think he won't give a bollocks?

Might give this a shot tonight need a new show bigtime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back