oasis *sad face (1 Viewer)

Ok, Nbbllbgth

W.A.S.P

Band10.jpg

Pre grunge metal....It's a comedy goldmine.

I have inside the electric circus on cassette, times were simpler back then.

http://www.holymoly.com/celebrity-news/more-details-emerge-about-noel-walking-out-oasis-paris36711

Even though the dust has settled, and people can barely muster up enough enthusiasm to care, it's still worth talking about the night Oasis split up, purely for it's hilarity. It is classic Liam...

The papers quite rightly reported the fact that Noel stormed out from their gig in Paris a minute before they were due on stage because Liam smashed his guitar - but the whole 5 minutes the saga lasted were proper comedy.

Liam has always fancied himself as a guitarist, much to Noel's hilarity, and insisted on carrying around a guitar worth an eye-watering amount of money (my source said upwards of £50,000) and louching around strumming it in a Lennon-esque manner whenever he got chance.

Well the atmosphere was already as awkward as a nun at a stag night, so when Noel walked in and made a pithy comment about Liam's playing - the red mist descended. Problem was, as is usually the case with Liam, it went slightly wrong. Without thinking, Liam stood up and hurled the guitar at Noel. Naturally it missed and landed next at his feet instead.
Realising Liam had mistakenly thrown his own guitar, Noel looked down, shrugged and stamped seven bells of shit out of it until it resembled the bottom of a hamsters cage.

My source says that what followed was pure comedy. As the realisation that Liam had inadvertently destroyed his own pride and joy he glanced to the side of stage where there stood a huge shining rack, overflowing with Noel's guitars, all primed and ready for the stage. Everything then went into slow motion, Liam charging towards the stage, the tour manager screaming "FOOOOOOKING HEEEEELLLL SOMEBODY STOOOP HIIIIIIIM", the roadies and crew all unsuccessfully trying to rugby tackle Liam to the ground as he weaved through them like that bit in Flash Gordon.

Noel saw his cage of guitars crash to the ground in a heap, flicked the V's, walked out of the backstage area, got into a taxi and went home.

i can't wait for noel's solo album. flatulant dad rock's greatest hits by a cunt

A release date has been announced for Noel Gallagher's debut solo album.

The former Oasis guitarist has been tight lipped about the recording of his record, but today (04.03.11) its release appeared to be confirmed for September.

Yesterday a twitter account in the name NoelGDGallagher was created and a tweet was posted reading: "For clarification this is Noel's official Twitter which will be handled by both his management and himself from time to time."

Another two short tweets read: "Single release date: 22.08.2011," and "Album release date: 12.09.2011."

almost two years to the day of this post.

Big Brother Recordings have today unveiled a brand new version of Oasis’ classic 1997 video for their No.1 single ‘D’You Know What I Mean?’ Directors Dom & Nic and members of the original production team have re-worked the video, editing it to Noel Gallagher’s new mix of the track and adding previously unseen footage. The video has been completely re-graded and is now in High Definition format.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

OASIS
‘D’YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN?’ 2016 HD RETHINK
A NEW VERSION OF THE ORIGINAL 1997 VIDEO
RE-WORKED BY DIRECTORS DOM & NIC
WATCH HERE
D'You Know What I Mean? (2016 Remaster) - Oasis

‘BE HERE NOW’ CHASING THE SUN EDITION TO BE RELEASED OCTOBER 7TH 2016

Big Brother Recordings have today unveiled a brand new version of Oasis’ classic 1997 video for their No.1 single ‘D’You Know What I Mean?’ Directors Dom & Nic and members of the original production team have re-worked the video, editing it to Noel Gallagher’s new mix of the track and adding previously unseen footage. The video has been completely re-graded and is now in High Definition format. Watch here D'You Know What I Mean? (2016 Remaster) - Oasis

Say Dom & Nic: “This was a once in a lifetime opportunity to bring the quality of the original video up to today’s high definition standards, and also to look at the film again with fresh eyes and see what we could improve.

Back in those heady days we shot the video on beautiful looking 35mm film, then the height of movie making technology, just like it was a feature film. Shooting like that today would be unthinkable for a music video of this scale, film simply costs too much compared with digital cameras for all but the most extravagant projects. We also had the help of The British Army who cleverly saw it as the perfect recruitment drive, though questions were later asked in the House of Commons concerning the British taxpayers helping Oasis make music videos!

We were also shooting at the location where Stanley Kubrick made the movie ‘Full Metal Jacket’ complete with bombed out buildings which was private land so we could do whatever we wanted, despite the police and London City Airport threatening to shut us down at any moment.

The 35mm film from the original shoot had been stored safely in the Oasis archive, which meant we could go back to the original film to re-master and recreate the video. This was the film equivalent of finding the band’s long lost studio master tapes in pristine condition. During the process of re-editing we discovered even more powerful performance moments from the band, more epic helicopter shots and a new pacing with greater drama and energy than before

‘D’You Know What I Mean? (NG’s 2016 Rethink)’ is available to stream and download now and as an instant grat with album pre-orders. Also available to stream and download now and as an instant grat with album pre-orders is ‘My Big Mouth (Live At Knebworth Park)’ which was recently made available to coincide with the 20 year anniversary of the legendary Knebworth live shows.

Both tracks are taken from ‘Be Here Now’ Chasing The Sun Edition, released October 7th 2016, pre-order here Be Here Now (Remastered Deluxe Version) by Oasis

www.oasisinet.com

"Describing his life in Hampstead, Liam Gallagher said: "It’s like Stella Street, round here: Jamie Oliver lives up the road. I got told off for throwing stones at his windows pissed-up, asking him to chuck down some bacon rolls."

“Climb the odd tree too. Climbed one the other day. I was running on the Heath and I thought, ‘That looks like a nice tree, I’m going to climb that fucking tree.’ Climbed it and sat there with my hood up for about 10 minutes.”"

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back