The 100 Push Up Challenge (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 210
  • Views 17K
  • Watchers 1
Thats the way to go!
Doing something,anything at all, is infinitely preferable to doing nothing.
Theres absolutely no rush,just keep tipping away in yer own style

I have cut waaaay back from the magic 100. Been spending more time on my guitar chops in the evenings for the last couple of months.

Currently at 17 really slow push ups in the morning. It definitely makes a noticeable difference to doing nothing.

Really need to get back on the stretching buzz.

I've done fuck all this week bar walking and a few chin ups.p plenty of guitar though too.
I'm in no rush

So, I've got runner's knee. It's a pain in the hole (and the knees!) and I really don't want to break my routine and let it fall by the wayside. Any tips for running through the pain? I only managed about 2km the other day before i had to give up and limp home.

I had that. Best advice appears to be just stop, until your knees feel totally better. Keep them elevated as much as possible. Its really easy to do irreparable damage to your knees. So yeah, the worst thing to do is run through the pain. Do something swimming instead maybe.

When you start running again, do small distances and add about 10% each time until you get back to where you were.

Good time to ask how it happened too, I think usually poor shoes is a big factor. If you're doing enough running, it's worth going somewhere like Amphibian King and getting an analysis of your running style done, see what type of shoe would suit best.

I had that. Best advice appears to be just stop, until your knees feel totally better. Keep them elevated as much as possible. Its really easy to do irreparable damage to your knees. So yeah, the worst thing to do is run through the pain. Do something swimming instead maybe.

When you start running again, do small distances and add about 10% each time until you get back to where you were.

Good time to ask how it happened too, I think usually poor shoes is a big factor. If you're doing enough running, it's worth going somewhere like Amphibian King and getting an analysis of your running style done, see what type of shoe would suit best.
The internet said run on soft surfaces for a while (i was running on concrete) and do more stretching exercises to build strength in the knees. I wear these. They feel comfortable. I'll see how my knees are tomorrow and maybe sit this week out.
Puma Men's Ignite PWRWARM | Runners Need

When my knees hurt from running it was all down to not stretching enough. A trip to the physio would give you some specific ones to work on.

They are a pain in the balls, but they help. The pretzel stretch shown here was great for me.
The Best Buttock/Glute Stretches
You would be looking to work on some combination of your quads, hamstrings, glutes, hip flexor.

But I really recommend getting a foam roller. I used to use one of the blue ones and it loosened things up like crazy. Total agony to begin with but oddly satisfying feeling your muscles bunch up into a ball and then...*crunch*.

I got mine in Elverys, but you see them in Lidl and TKmaxx.
Foam-Roller.com | Learn About Foam Rollers: Benefits, Types & Exercises | OPTP

If I get ANY pain of any description in my musculo-skeleton direction I immediately stop everything and wait til it heals.

I'd rather be a big fat fucking slob than accrue a permanent disablement at this stage of the game..so missing a few weeks is a total whatevs sitch

At my age Id be totally within my rights to let myself completely go too

Ive been slacking big time..back into it tomorrow!

This bump was a sign

My running has been severely curtailed by what appears to be a case of turf toe. Was getting out 5 times a week, but have had to stop myself since last Tuesday. Foot is *slowly* feeling better, but Dr Internet says I would should wait at least 3 weeks or risk severe damage. Surprised at myself how annoyed I am!!!

Said it to a runner pal, who asked how old I was. He then laughed and said, "that's just what happens to you now"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back