The 100 Push Up Challenge (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 210
  • Views 17K
  • Watchers 1
All I did was start doing a few push ups 4 times a day...and just added more shit in as I felt able

Keep it simple

I haven't gotten into doing any flexibility yet @jimmybreeze but I make sure to limber up good...ish

I'm moving into a new gaf next week and am installing a wall mounted pull up bar and dip bars...which will do double duty as clothes horses in the winter!

Had a day off unexpectedly yesterday and the rest was obviously very beneficial cos I banged out 5 pull ups off the side of the shed in my folks garden earlier.

New personal best!

Jayzus youre flying G!Are you doing any flexibility work?I wouldnt underestimate the importance of stretching every day.Throw some bridges up into the mix too and you'll be bulletproof​
I just had a go at this my man
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
.,but yeah.must say I enjoyed it apart from the music.I reckon I need to introduce some flexibility into the mix.

If ya can give me any pointers in the right direction I'd appreciate it. I'm gonna have a good look on youtube for more.

My left thigh has been giving me gip the last few days ..from out of the fucking blue,so thats my motivation..loosen that shit up

Edit .....Im actually gonna go to a yoga class! Deadly buzz

I did pilates years ago. Basically stretching in a room full of women. It wasn't the worst.

Really noticed the benefits from standing at gigs and never getting a sore back.

If ya can give me any pointers in the right direction I'd appreciate it. I'm gonna have a good look on youtube for more.

Edit .....Im actually gonna go to a yoga class! Deadly buzz

Some good info here on mobility and stretching The Ultimate Home workout fat burning plan part 4 : Dominic Munnelly Personal Training

4 mobility tests to reduce risk of injury : Dominic Munnelly Personal Training

Yoga is perfect for greatoverall flexibility,you could take a few classes,find out where you're lacking in flexibility,then hit up youtube for some classes focusing on those areas.
Foam rolling is great for really tight areas too,you can pick em up cheaply in lidl every so often when they've fitness stuff

Yoga is great, I've been thinking of going back to it. It really complements my running and cycling, got far fewer niggles and strains when I was taking a regular yoga class. However, the effectiveness of the yoga class depends on the teacher. I was going to a class ran by a guy who made everyone push their limits and I was a disgusting sweaty mess at the end of it, he moved to a different time that I couldn't do anymore and the woman who took his slot had a far gentler approach that didn't really suit me. I'd recommend trying 2-3 different classes before settling on one.

I think you also need to test your max plank holding ability
max planck...possibly not a big man for the pushups

Max_Planck_1933.jpg

i'm getting in on this now

i'm on the incline/bench pushups for now though until i can manage enough floor pushups to get started properly

still feeling shaky after doing three sets of six (incline) and a 30-second max planck about half an hour ago (not all at once)

i've watched a few 'proper form' videos very carefully but i'm still not convinced i'm doing it right...me little wrists are getting sore too. i found another video on how not to get sore wrists but it's hard to combine with supporting your hands on a counter edge. maybe i'll get it right when i get to the floor lads.

Ahh fucking DEADlY Noolezer!

Now,I! No expert but yeah, you shouldn't be feeling that kinda pain,obviously you need to go slow and build up the strength in your girlywrists. It won't take long. Slowly slowly catchy monkey.
Here's something I most definitely do know though, going slow is the way to go anyway,cos believe it or not I exercised myself sick,so don't do that.

Nice and handy!

I'm looking forward to doing my workout later...skipped Monday,feeling a bit guilty,letting the side down what what.

Exercise really is good for you. I'm sleeping unbelievable these days. It's worth it just for that. I also like being able to just generally spring into action whenever. It's class.

Ahh fucking DEADlY Noolezer!

Now,I! No expert but yeah, you shouldn't be feeling that kinda pain,obviously you need to go slow and build up the strength in your girlywrists. It won't take long. Slowly slowly catchy monkey.
Here's something I most definitely do know though, going slow is the way to go anyway,cos believe it or not I exercised myself sick,so don't do that.

Nice and handy!

I'm looking forward to doing my workout later...skipped Monday,feeling a bit guilty,letting the side down what what.

Exercise really is good for you. I'm sleeping unbelievable these days. It's worth it just for that. I also like being able to just generally spring into action whenever. It's class.
I'm running 3 times a week now, and exercising at home most nights. a couple of sets of 50 a night. Feel great.

Found a great hill for sprinting up round the corner..possibly slightly too hill but workable.

I ran up it once and let a massive fart. Thats a good start..

I'm gonna run up up it the once for a couple of weeks and see how ninja I get

crawling along with this, still on bench/incline push-ups after 2 weeks

i've progressed from the kitchen counter (3 foot high) to the kitchen table (2.5' high) to the arm of the couch (2' high)

i can do 15 on the counter, 10 on table and 3 (with some difficulty) on the arm of the couch. and 40 seconds plank. i'm not following the program properly either, i'm doing the max instead of half plus one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back