Any wrestling fans? (2 Viewers)

I liked Raw too on balance, they're trying something new even if it doesn't all work for me. Could've done with a newer set, it's just a redress of the old one. Fuckin' Kevin Dunn.

Also, I can't get too excited about the Bálor 'push', because it's a byproduct of the company punishing Roman Reigns more than anything. They'll only prove it to be my following through on that Bálor/Rollins match at SummerSlam.

did anyone get to that Tivoli show?

There are a ridiculous amount of big shows coming up over here in the next few months with Rev Pro, Progress and even Ring of Honor. I have tickets to none but should make it to one or two.

Also going to Mexico in October and am getting excited about going to a show at Arena Mexico!

There are a ridiculous amount of big shows coming up over here in the next few months with Rev Pro, Progress and even Ring of Honor. I have tickets to none but should make it to one or two.

Also going to Mexico in October and am getting excited about going to a show at Arena Mexico!

I will not be doing any of these this year, maybe next year, make a weekend of it with my SO. Mexico should be deadly, I never got into lucha libre but the atmosphere in there must be something else.

A mate of mine was at the G1 Climax show in Osaka on Saturday, said being there was so much more intense than what the broadcasts let on.

I will not be doing any of these this year, maybe next year, make a weekend of it with my SO. Mexico should be deadly, I never got into lucha libre but the atmosphere in there must be something else.

A mate of mine was at the G1 Climax show in Osaka on Saturday, said being there was so much more intense than what the broadcasts let on.

yeah, I don't actually watch any lucha either. I watched something from Arena Mexico the other day though and it was pretty wild. In the latest issue of the Wrestling Observer, Dave Meltzer said that Arena Mexico was the closest thing to an old school territory with the wild atmosphere there.

I was supposed to be going to Japan and was really looking forward to seeing a show there but that'll have to wait until next year maybe. Need to catch up on G1 and watch Okada vs Ishii.

yI was supposed to be going to Japan and was really looking forward to seeing a show there but that'll have to wait until next year maybe. Need to catch up on G1 and watch Okada vs Ishii.

That's my next show to watch, after playing catch-up the last week or so (skipping all the Fale matches helps). I prefer B Block: Yano is fun and it's got Kenny Omega, Nakajima, Naito, Shibata. More variety, the other block's too drearily workratey for me.

That's my next show to watch, after playing catch-up the last week or so (skipping all the Fale matches helps). I prefer B Block: Yano is fun and it's got Kenny Omega, Nakajima, Naito, Shibata. More variety, the other block's too drearily workratey for me.

thought Okada vs Ishii lived up to the hype. I spent ten minutes trying to get it to work on njpwworld before resorting to YouTube where I had it up and running within ten seconds. Think I might watch it again tonight and follow up with the Tanahashi match from that show which was supposed to be deadly as well.

thought Okada vs Ishii lived up to the hype. I spent ten minutes trying to get it to work on njpwworld before resorting to YouTube where I had it up and running within ten seconds. Think I might watch it again tonight and follow up with the Tanahashi match from that show which was supposed to be deadly as well.

I finally caught up last night with Days 14 and 15. SANADA and Ishii was very good but I skipped Okada/Fale (I've been skipping all the Fale matches, they all bore me) and Goto/Makabe in the main was nothing to write home about. Day 16's on right now, isn't it? I'll watch it this evening between Olympics stuff.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

2003%2005%200006.JPG

I hadn't heard Glorious until the Takeover show. Good lord. What a song. That was a great show. Summerslam was alright.

I'd like the Roode theme more if it was more than just a chorus. Christian's opera theme is still the acme of that kind of thing.

SummerSlam was far too long, with not enough variety. It had its moments but the pacing sapped the crowd which ruined the atmosphere for certain matches that don't deserve the criticism they've got, and that main event was the worst.

the last episode of the Cruiserweight Classic was fantastic.

from the Wrestling Observer story on the death of Mr. Fuji last week:

He was also a notorious ribber.

“Fuji’s (ribs) were nonstop, in the arena, in hotels, in airports, in restaurants,” wrote Fred Blassie before his death. “And Fuji was an instigator. He’d find weak-minded wrestlers and have them do ribs for him, just to wreak more havoc. The man was incorrigible.

“If you were sitting across from Fuji, drinking a cup of coffee, he was liable to slip in some laxatives when you weren’t looking. It would be time to go to the ring and you’d be on the toilet, shitting your guts out. If he heard you on the phone, making airplane reservations, he’d d call up the airline after you hung up, and cancel your trip. You’d miss a booking, lose money, and Fuji would think it was funny.”

Dominic DeNucci noted another time Fuji got Blassie was when he was in the ring, Fuji took Blassie’s underwear and other things out of his bag, where he kept everything immaculate, and nailed it to the ceiling. When Blassie came back, and started to get mad, somebody said “Look up.”

Once in Philadelphia, when Lex Luger came in, with a reputation that he was above everyone, and at a restaurant, Fuji started talking to him and then started pissing all over his shoes.

Fuji was on the other end of one of the most famous ribs in the history of the Oregon territory.

When he first came to Oregon, Lonnie Mayne (before he was Moondog Mayne, then known as the One Man Gang), and Dutch Savage invited him to travel with them to Medford, OR. Mayne said he was going to bring his raft and shotgun and said they’d be shooting ducks in the river.

As they were heading down the road, they all started drinking Crown Royal and Fuji was plastered. After the show, in the dressing room, they found Fuji asleep with the empty bottle next to him. So they never ended up shooting any ducks, and drove Fuji back home to his apartment in Portland, next to a golf course.

When they got back in the early hours of the morning, after a 200 mile drive back home through the mountains, Fuji was still out cold. Mayne started pumping up the raft. He put the raft in the water. Mayne and Savage then took off all of Fuji’s clothes and put him in the raft. He then took his shotgun and put it on Fuji’s lap and pushed the raft into the middle of the pond. It was about 5 a.m. at this point.

There was a retirement home near the pond and the people started waking up and going for walks. Mayne and Savage hid out waiting for this, as older women started screaming, seeing a 260-pound unconscious naked man with a gun in the pond. They called the police, who came to arrest Fuji, who still was pretty much incoherent and had no idea what was going on. Savage told the story and said Fuji didn’t speak to them again for three months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back