Fuzz pedals (1 Viewer)

Kermit McDermott

I got a cheap fuzz pedal recently. A Mooer grey faze. Its a germanium based pedal (an AC 128) just wondering about getting it to sound good with other pedals. I've tried it in a few different orders. It sounds best as the first of the chain into the clean channel, mixed with the drive channel, not so good & not great with the boost/overdrive pedal on either. Any tips? Are they just not meant to be stacked with another drive source?

Too much gain is shite so I would definitely be wary of stacking. That's just me though... I cant stand high gain.

I do like fuzz though. Very much. Fuzz pedal into clean channel . Winner.

Decent Fuzz pedals enjoy a gainy input
and into a dirty channel like a Marshall sound thick lovely and compressed. I'm only going on the fuzzes I've used mind you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too much gain is shite so I would definitely be wary of stacking. That's just me though... I cant stand high gain.

I do like fuzz though. Very much. Fuzz pedal into clean channel . Winner.

I know what you mean. I was hoping for, here's the overdrive channel and then add the fuzz on top for some extra fuzzy crispy bits around the notes withouta huge variation in tone. It's sound quiet dull and bassy used with the preamp overdrive. Just fuzz into the clean channel sounds quiet good. I know these things are tempramental......

Been off me holidays and watching a load of bands using fuzz pedals to great effect. Germanium fuzz faces (which this is) generally needs to be first in chain and have the fuzz nearly maxed out then roll back your guitar volume to clean it up a bit. I'd have the pedal volume up a good bit too so it's pushing the amp a bit. That'll help making it a bit brighter if you find it dark.

All that done and it should sound good into a clean or driven amp.

All that done and it should sound good into a clean or driven amp.

It sounds fine used on the clean channel (laney lc30)
but used on the overdrive channel or with the boost pedal (xotic bb preamp) is doesn't sound so good. The tone completely changes. I was aiming for a little extra fizz without a big tonal shift.

I ended up buying a DOD Carcosa fuzz.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm not a fuzz aficionado but i'm happy with it, Its very versatile. Sounds good into a clean channel or the overdrive channel. €93 from Thomann, which is fairly cheap for a fuzz pedal.

I have an old boss hyper fuzz that I got for super cheap years ago. Still not managed to get regular use out of it,but it does have some great sounds

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back