Minor Pleasures (11 Viewers)

I remember seeing to young kids floating down the canal on huge rubber inner tubes-must have been the scorching summer of 95. How I envied them.

I actually looked into kayaking lessons last year but the notion fizzled out . 'MIght have to rethink that.

I actually looked into kayaking lessons last year but the notion fizzled out . 'MIght have to rethink that.

Get into it, or at least give the 2 hour trip a go. I had a great time, bumped into the Liffey walls a few times but didn't capsize thankfully. Got beyond Heuston station starting from the IFSC. Went with City Kayaking, it was 25 euro which I thought reasonable and the lad running it is dead sound.
My back and arms are killing me now though.

Deadly. Do you have to be a strong swimmer?

Nah, I can barely swim and the issue wasn't even raised. You'll have a life jacket and your man is on a boat nearby so should you fall in you'd be fished out quickly. I did ask what were the chances of falling in and it seems the people that do fall in are being extremely stupid - he mentioned someone standing up to adapt their seating position etc. You'll be grand, the kayaks are very stable, I never once felt it was going to tip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back