Asylum ,Immigration (1 Viewer)

"When we look into the face of every single refugee, especially the children and women, we can feel their suffering," he said. "The goal should be that they return and help rebuild their countries."

How's that fixing problems in your own country coming along for you MR TIBET?

Eh? EH??

AMIRITE

The Nauru files: 2,000 leaked reports reveal scale of abuse of children in Australian offshore detention

The toll on children’s mental health is particularly heavy. According to an April 2015 report a girl began screaming “uncontrollably” during a fight in a recreation tent.

“During this time [REDACTED] also gouged at her own face consistently and pulled her own hair,” the child protection officer wrote. “It was observed that [REDACTED] could not breath properly and had a glazed look in her eyes.”

He tells a different story back in 2012

The human and economic costs of deportation | Politico

I decided to leave the country looking for peaceful paradise and just to live in peace.

I came to Ireland to have an internal sense of life and future and that hope for the alternative homeland.

Also, seven years is, I think we can all agree, an intolerable time to spend in D.P., however, it must be asked - did he launch any appeals against earlier findings?

It should also be noted that in very many instances the delay in finalising cases is due to applicants challenging negative decisions by initiating multiple judicial reviews at various stages of the process.

PQ: Direct Provision System (Processing Time) - Nasc Ireland | Nasc Ireland

I decided to leave the country looking for peaceful paradise and just to live in peace.

I came to Ireland to have an internal sense of life and future and that hope for the alternative homeland.
In a panic, he contacted representatives of the Justice and Equality Movement and asked for advice. They recommended he apply for political asylum in Ireland.
....what's the difference?

In one story he ends up here as a result of his work taking him abroad at which point he receives a call from home telling him the authorities have taken an interest in him and so he decides to apply for asylum (understandably so, I would be worried if we had a similar government and they were wondering about me). In the other story he "decided to leave the country looking for peaceful paradise and just to live in peace".

It may of course be true that he decided to leave the country (Sudan) to look for paradise and took this trip as his opportunity, the problem then is that this phonecall from Sudan does not tie in with his story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back