What gig did you go to last night? (5 Viewers)

Tegan and Sara in London. It wasn't great to be honest. Their new band is one drummer and one guy on keyboards. They did loads of old songs and started and finished the set with a couple of acoustic hits. Half an hour in before anything from the new album and I think they only played three songs from it. Not a patch on their last gig a few years ago where they played most of their last album and had a proper band. I would've been better off watching the match but at the same time good gigs give me more joy than football!

Anyone going to Belly on Saturday?

Nada Surf playing the Grand Social on 2nd November. I'm already going to Kristin Hersh that night.

Anyone going to Belly on Saturday?

Nada Surf playing the Grand Social on 2nd November. I'm already going to Kristin Hersh that night.

How good was that!

CoHkP3vVMAECuBx.jpg

not as good as @Jim Daniels 40th party though

How good was that!
Cool pic. I thought they pulled it out in the end. I was stood in front of Gail at the start and the sound was unforgivably bad. Just brutal. I moved back to the bar after a few songs after hoping they would sort it out. It improved towards the end of the first set and and seemed fine by the second.

Crowd were well up for a good time. From Feed the Tree on they were absolutely brilliant too. I loved Low Red Moon.

God, Tanya Donnelly is a fox.

Cool pic. I thought they pulled it out in the end. I was stood in front of Gail at the start and the sound was unforgivably bad. Just brutal. I moved back to the bar after a few songs after hoping they would sort it out. It improved towards the end of the first set and and seemed fine by the second.

Crowd were well up for a good time. From Feed the Tree on they were absolutely brilliant too. I loved Low Red Moon.

God, Tanya Donnelly is a fox.

Tanya Donnelly always had the best smile in indie pop

Vocals were a bit ropey for the first few songs but then it got deadly. They also played almost all of King so that was class. Best, most easy-going gig i've been to in ages.

Tanya Donnelly always had the best smile in indie pop

NONE of her bands could be classed as indie pop! Jaysus, they're not Belle & Sebastian. She rocks hard.

But here, I never thought any "alternative rock" 90's band who write songs based around the A Minor chord (the most 90's of chords) would have a big gay following but there as a big cluster of super camp guys there last night, it was class!

Ah you're right though. Not even sure what indie pop means. I just meant of all the bands that featured in Melody Maker/ NME at that time, Tanya was the smiliest

Looks like you got your King wish!
In fairness when they played Gepetto it was like Oasis breaking into Don't Look Back in Anger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back