Asylum ,Immigration (1 Viewer)

This is mental.

They photo-shopped a hijab on her!
413a37193910a152ce271645c622_base_optimal.jpg

"Letter from Prague:
How bad is it? It’s so bad, so complexly bad in Czechia, that the equivalent of Time magazine ran an article about a woman whose Arab-activist boyfriend was stabbed in Prague recently while jogging (a planned attack). The magazine took a picture of her for the cover page, but didn’t tell her they would photoshop a hijab onto her head. It’s a big portrait of her, with a black hijab, which she complains makes the whole thing worse because that’s ISIS colors.

The editor in chief defended the decision thusly: “A picture of a blond doesn’t really illustrate an event like the stabbing of her Muslim boyfriend. In addition, with all due respect to Ms. Zahradnickova, visually speaking, she’s not really the type that would sell the front page of a magazine.”

Um....where do you even star
t?"

Is there a reason we're still calling it a fucking migrant crisis and then referring to the people as refugees?

also wtf is this

the wages of irresponsibly liberal immigration policies are being seen across the continent in the rise of populist, anti-immigration, and anti-EU political parties that now threaten the political stability of Europe itself.... Though the Danish People’s Party is often mischaracterized as “far right,” it is not nearly as extreme as the Sweden Democrats. Anti-migration sentiments are thus channeled in a healthy way — the parliamentary process — and not onto the streets.

Not acting like fascists has led to people to vote for fascists so the solution is to act a bit more like a fascist ourselves. Yeah, fantastically well argued lads. .

Last edited:
Laziness, confusion, obfuscation?

Most people like a happy medium. Some feel that political parties haven't offered that medium but have been too liberal in their policies so, not given a moderate choice, opt for the other extreme.
(Although I wouldn't even call most of the parties 'the extreme', there's always worse.)

Also, 'anti-migration sentiment' does not equal fascism.

It's true, acting like a fascist equals fascism.

"anti migration sentiment" can also be called "being a massive racist" but hey, words right?

The EU should really remove the incentive for people to crowd themselves onto dangerous vessels and instead provide a fairer alternative to those wishing to enter Europe. So long as it fails to do that people will continue to drown in the Mediterranean.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A friend just tagged me in this, I'm not sure of the implication - does she want me to fall in love with her or does she think I'm a racist?
(Is it possible to embed Facebook videos? Oh, it happens automatically.)

(Further explanation: the tag line is "Studies suggest it takes four minutes of direct eye contact for strangers to fall in love. Here's what happens when refugees and Europeans participate").

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back