2016 releases worth a listen.... (1 Viewer)

also, tentatively dipping my lu[n]gs into the world of vaporwave, namely an album by death's dynamic shroud.wmv (sic) called CLASSROOM SEXXTAPE. bit of a headfuck, in the best way. aural superskunk for the non-skunker.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

also, tentatively dipping my lu[n]gs into the world of vaporwave, namely an album by death's dynamic shroud.wmv (sic) called CLASSROOM SEXXTAPE. bit of a headfuck, in the best way. aural superskunk for the non-skunker.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporwave said:
Vaporwave (also vapourwave)[3] is a genre of music that emerged in the early 2010s among Internet communities. It is characterized by a nostalgic fascination with retro cultural aesthetics (typically of the 1980s, 1990s, and early-mid 2000s), video games, technology, post-modern Japanese culture and advertising, and styles of commercial and popular music such as lounge, smooth jazz and elevator music. Musical sampling is prevalent within the genre, with samples often pitched, layered or altered in classic chopped and screwed style.[2][4] Central to the style is often a critical or satirical preoccupation with consumer capitalism, popular culture, and new-age tropes.[2]

And being creative with unicode:

IMG_0363.PNG

Pretty much, it's a bit more noise orientated though. I kind of enjoy it, I like the way they purposely attempt to recreate a sound like a 48 kbps mp3 downloaded from limewire in 2002.

Last edited:
not a new album, but this mix by Helena Hauff is incredible.

loved her album last year too. Shes fast becoming one of my favourite producers/DJs.

Their set at Primavera was pretty good but slightly marred (for me) by a really bad drummer.
I found it good for a bit but, to be honest, every song being an 8 min groove monster started to grate after about 3 songs of it. None of the songs were strong enough to warrant the endless race to the end each time.

I found it good for a bit but, to be honest, every song being an 8 min groove monster started to grate after about 3 songs of it. None of the songs were strong enough to warrant the endless race to the end each time.

Yeah, they were really milking it. Still, there are a few songs in there that are such monster anthems (E.g. Drunk drivers/killer whales) that if they got their live shit together they could be headlining in a few years time (well, maybe not headlining but ya know what I mean). Didn't know you were at Primavera but then I don't know you in REAL LIFE so how would I? It was lots of fun..

Yeah, they were really milking it. Still, there are a few songs in there that are such monster anthems (E.g. Drunk drivers/killer whales) that if they got their live shit together they could be headlining in a few years time (well, maybe not headlining but ya know what I mean). Didn't know you were at Primavera but then I don't know you in REAL LIFE so how would I? It was lots of fun..
hahah, no I was just talking about the album!

I was gonna go again this year but... life got in the way.

You didn't catch the Downtown Boys did you?

hahah, no I was just talking about the album!

I was gonna go again this year but... life got in the way.

You didn't catch the Downtown Boys did you?

Oh right! No didn't catch them. In fact I know nothing of these "Downtown Boys" that you speak of.

Here, give us a review already, there's no shortage of music recommendation aggregators.

bought that Minor Victories one at the weekend. Way better than I thought it would be (based on the lead single from it, which is meh')

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back