Bruce Springsteen appreciation thread (1 Viewer)

Does anyone know what's the story with all the uber fans queuing? There seems to be some system of a roll call. Saw that there was one this morning at 5am. Does that mean you can go about your day after that & you're guaranteed a spot in the pit or whatever?

God help that Bruce Springsteen member of staff who is up before the crack of dawn giving fans their number in line.

Does anyone know what's the story with all the uber fans queuing? There seems to be some system of a roll call. Saw that there was one this morning at 5am. Does that mean you can go about your day after that & you're guaranteed a spot in the pit or whatever?

God help that Bruce Springsteen member of staff who is up before the crack of dawn giving fans their number in line.

I remember the RDS gigs a few years ago they were queuing from the day before (eejits). Apparently its a 'thing' for Bruce 'super-fans'. They post pics of each other on fan forums, etc - badge of honour kind of thing.

And Bruce himself often stops by to greet them. He did that time at the RDS.

Its the same lot that go in with the cornflakes boxes with song names written on the backs of them.

I queued from about 2PM to see Prince in Birmingham a few years back. At around 3 o'clock security came out and put numbers on the hands of the 100 odd people there and then said come back when the gates were open.

At about half six they let us in (in order) about half an hour before the rest of the crowd, it was pretty cool and I didn't have to spend 5 hours sitting in a queue.

Some seriously morto fans in the group though, jaysus.

EEJITS

Devoted Bruce Springsteen fans rock up 48 hours ahead of his gig at The Etihad

Look how official that '1' is

JS90870340.jpg

there was a bit of shitstorm about the process on the boards thread a while back. from memory, because queuing outside the venue from all hours isn't allowed, the hardcore fans meet up the night before in a car park or somewhere and give each other a number with a permanent marker. then the fuck off home and rock up to the front of the real queue the next day.

they sound like a bunch of cunts.

if the wind is blowing right I'll be able to hear this pretty well from the gaff. getting the cans in tonight.

I could hear bon jovi when I was sitting on the toilet a few years ago.

Lads, come on, queuing early for a gig is no more embarrassing than every single post in this thread
I'm all about the gig queuing. I can get quite upset in myself worrying about the best spot for a gig and missing out by a moments hesitation.

these springsteen fans seem like a bunch of fuckers though. I got the impression that a certain group that follow him about on tours make these unofficial queues and number system for themselves, then flute in infront of the real queue outside the venue the next day. which would be full of regular superfans that have to wait till he comes to their city/country and have one chance of seeing him but aren't part of the permanent marker crowd.

admittedly, Im only going on what some boards posters were saying and have no experience of any of this. everybody's got a hungry heart.

I'm all about the gig queuing. I can get quite upset in myself worrying about the best spot for a gig and missing out by a moments hesitation.

these springsteen fans seem like a bunch of fuckers though. I got the impression that a certain group that follow him about on tours make these unofficial queues and number system for themselves, then flute in infront of the real queue outside the venue the next day. which would be full of regular superfans that have to wait till he comes to their city/country and have one chance of seeing him but aren't part of the permanent marker crowd.

admittedly, Im only going on what some boards posters were saying and have no experience of any of this. everybody's got a hungry heart.

aha, ok that's different. I stand corrected

poor Jon Bon.

I went back on the boards thread. There seem to be two pit queues open at the minute around the stadium and no one is complaining. So I'm disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back