FOGGY NOTIONS PRESENTS STARS OF THE LID + VERY SPECIAL GUEST (1 Viewer)

Wiltzie sang a song for the guy from Sparklehorse (3 year anniversary of his death) which had nice music but I can see why all his groups are largely instrumental.

"You guys are a classical music crowd so probably don't know who I'm talking about"

Oh how I LOL'd. I'd imagine half the crowd at those whelans sparklehorse gigs were in the NCH on saturday. It was a lovely tribute.

Mark Linkous is 3 years dead on wednesday.

picked up a copy of The Dead Texan at this gig. Its really rather good.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Looking forward to having a look at the DVD.

I have a bootleg of the Whelan's gig and you can hear the music from the front bar throughout it. I remember New Order being particularly intrusive.
I don't recall that but then I was fairly transfixed by what was going on on stage. I do remember there being fuck all standing room because of the seats out front, and falling into some girl because a lad pushed me out of the way to get by.

It will hardly be in whelans this time though. Its telling that none of Wiltzie's shows back here since have been on there. I reckon Sugar Club, Pavillion, or NCH, just like the WV shows. Hopefully, anyway.

I was in one of the chairs at the front and it was mainly the bleed through those doors to the front bar that got me. Performance was great but I was lucky enough to see them again at a Kranky birthday thing in Boston in a theatre. Dead silence from the audience and much better sound system. Hopefully they can recreate that in October.

We're middle of row B, don't kick the backs of our seats and we won't wear huge hats.
tried for row a but someone booked a single seat (a19?) meaning they wouldn't let me book a16 & a17 as you're not allowed leave single seats between bookings. ffs.

money no object: i'd've booked c16-18, d16-18 & e16-18, gone on my own and sat in d17.

(didn't john lennon do something similar in first class on a transatlantic? i.e. create a buffer around him and his family?)

anyway, looking forward to it, so long as there isn't a 'seisiún' on in the field room...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back