Losing Weight (1 Viewer)

It's one thing not getting a ride and looking like shit, but diabetes, heart disease and all that joint pain and so on.

That was the main thing that got me started on trying to fix it. Didn't think my knees should be hurting this much this young.

I saw a pic yesterday of a FB friend he's lost 65 pounds since January. Fair play but he looks terrible. Too much too fast

Fair play but he looks terrible. Too much too fast
4-5 lbs a week is a strong amount over that long a period.

But no one that's lost that much is ever going to look good by the pool again, if they ever did. Beyond 30 vanity seems like a losing bet for weight loss.
If he can keep it off - and all the goddamn science says he can't - then he's doing his health and those that love him a favour.

4-5 lbs a week is a strong amount over that long a period.

But no one that's lost that much is ever going to look good by the pool again, if they ever did. Beyond 30 vanity seems like a losing bet for weight loss.

I dropped from 295 at my peak, and continue to lose fat, cos I still need to and have it to lose, but I've also put a stone back on (presuming that's muscle) get get to around 240 in the past few years but I don't look like a skeleton wearing a larger person's skin. I don't know how tall this guy it but he went from about 260 to 195, he has to be shorter than me. His before pic looked bigger than I ever did.

I dropped from 295 at my peak, and continue to lose fat, cos I still need to and have it to lose, but I've also put a stone back on (presuming that's muscle) get get to around 240 in the past few years but I don't look like a skeleton wearing a larger person's skin. I don't know how tall this guy it but he went from about 260 to 195, he has to be shorter than me. His before pic looked bigger than I ever did.
That's what I'm wondering if I can do. I am the same height and weight as Tom Brady. Just he's more.. erm.. efficiently proportioned?
I don't necessarily need to lose weight, but I think my body would be far better off if the weight I was carrying had a greater proportion of muscle.

I miss physically working for a living. It was great. A free workout everyday. Stamina out the fucking door.

Are you tall?

Beyond 30 vanity seems like a losing bet for weight loss.
I had read before that the more you age, the less elastic your skin is after you lose weight so you end up with flaps and bags and all sorts. I think toning exercise like yoga can help but it's a tough battle. I was starting to head in the wrong direction a few years ago and have managed to keep a couple of stone off for the past three years. No fad diets, just trying to snack less and cook smaller portions. And exercise.

Snacking is the killer. I was a terrible man for the crisps and haribo about 3 or 4 months ago. Cut all that out and lost weight, look and feel better. Still doing me pushups and all.

Good height.

How long ago did you drop the large amount?
How have you lived differently to stay at 240?

Bits and pieces. Went to less than 280 within a year of being 295. That was early 20's Probably 19 stone when I got to my early 30's. Big loss since I was 32 or 33, I'm 36 now,

I bike and walk the dog, I never have a day off from some sort of exercise. I don't really drink much anymore and cut a lot of the shite out of my diet. Though i still don't eat great, it's mostly junk snacks that are gone. If I got serious about a proper healthy diet for a few months I'd probably get properly thin in a few months. But I'm satisfied that the way I'm doing things now will get me there in the end. So long as I'm burning more than i consume I'm satsifeid and I notice some improvement every week.

Truth be told I probably now look like some lad in his mid 30's who has let the spread set in a bit. But actually I'm in the best shape of my life (though I still think of myself as a fat shit and hate how I look)

(though I still think of myself as a fat shit and hate how I look)
I'd be of the opinion that life is far too short for that carry on.
It's probably better to embrace how healthy you are and be grateful for everything you have going for you.

Easier said though...

I got the notion drilled into me from all sides as a kid and as a teen, it's hard to shake.
For sure.
You have the benefit of being a dude though. We get a pass for the most part. It's more about how you carry yourself, confidence and all that lark.
Plenty of women don't mind a few extra, as it means they're not the heavy one in the relationship/bed.

For sure.
You have the benefit of being a dude though. We get a pass for the most part. It's more about how you carry yourself, confidence and all that lark.
Plenty of women don't mind a few extra, as it means they're not the heavy one in the relationship/bed.
For sure.

This is going to sound blunter than mean it to be, and I appreciate that you're trying to be positive/nice/sound, but please don't tell me how I should feel about myself.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back