Your work situation (9 Viewers)

I'll shortly be looking for a job. First time in 14 years. Getting shit-canned at the start of June. Kinda saw it coming, but still somewhat of a wrench. While the role had ceased to be the most challenging, the pay and benefits were good, it didn't demand much of me, and I had a great boss. Basically it was a cushy number.

ANYWAY, hoping for a decent payoff so I can take the summer off and re-train slightly. Haven't done an interview in ages though. Suits aren't an interview requirement anymore are they? Its all skinny jeans/lattes and hi-fives these days right?

Interview answers 101:

"Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?"
"Celebrating the 5th anniversary of you asking me this question!"

then *you* ask the interviewer "If you're in a spaceship that is traveling at the speed of light, and you turn on the headlights, does anything happen?"

If they say "I don't know", then say you don't want to work there anyway.

My missus works fro the HSE. We compared pay last night. On paper it looks like she gets way more than me per annum but take away all the extra payment cuts/charges/taxes that were brought in and I end up on top

So we're both fucked really

My missus works fro the HSE. We compared pay last night. On paper it looks like she gets way more than me per annum but take away all the extra payment cuts/charges/taxes that were brought in and I end up on top

So we're both fucked really

ooh-matron.jpg

just got an e-mail from a company I contacted about tendering for some of our business. it came from a guy with the with the job title of "People Geek" and included a smiley face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back