Minor complaints thread (23 Viewers)

Gerry "I've never seen myself as white" Adams.

At least Waterford Whispers got a laugh out of it

Last edited:
NICE!

You have expensive knives?
Ah no, not very, but it's nice to perk them up once in a while. Sabatier and Kai, I think they're pretty good, held their edge a good long time (years) with only honing from me. They're sharp now though, sharper than factory finish.

Ah no, not very, but it's nice to perk them up once in a while. Sabatier and Kai, I think they're pretty good, held their edge a good long time (years) with only honing from me. They're sharp now though, sharper than factory finish.
I sharpen mine pretty much every time I use it.
I'd love a pro job done though.

I like to spend at least five minutes in the shower, plenty of time for a good clean.
Maybe you need more fibre if you're having so many complicated situations?
My diet is beyond reproach...apart of course, for the astronomical quantities of industrial strength coffee I consume habitually...which without question is a contributory factor in me having an excessively shitey arse .

The new gizmo is ordered anyway so its all gona be purely academic shortly.

May future generations look back upon our discourse here with scholarly intent.

Meanwhile in other minor complaint news,I get back into me van for the first time in a fortnight and blow a hose on the turbo...at least thats alI hope it is..and a bit of duct tape will sort it out

RE ..knives

I am fucking OCD about the condition of my kitchen knifes edge.
I've actually fucked it up a bit by sharpening it so much..theres a bit of a convex curve to it..might be of some use to a Gurkha when I replace it ..which will be soon enough.As soon as I see the right one at the right price in TK MAXX MAXX MAXX

I have a Sabatier potato masher..which bent very soon after its introduction

RE ..knives

I am fucking OCD about the condition of my kitchen knifes edge.
I've actually fucked it up a bit by sharpening it so much..theres a bit of a convex curve to it..might be of some use to a Gurkha when I replace it ..which will be soon enough.As soon as I see the right one at the right price in TK MAXX MAXX MAXX

I have a Sabatier potato masher..which bent very soon after its introduction
I just like the knife to do what I want and I notice when it's dull, it tends to chop rather than slice.
You probably have a point on over-sharpening though.

You might like a potato ricer also
They do great mash and leave the skin behind

maxresdefault.jpg

I think a ricer makes it a bit too fine textured, makes it feel a bit wetter maybe. I like to mash with a fork and then beat with a big wooden spoon. Mashed potato is a very important part of my diet.

I'm feeling a little uneasy after a night out with colleagues last night, although I don't think anything shameful happened
Had that last week. Went out with work. Ended up being one of the last out drinking with one of the partners. Can't remember much. Was really paranoid the next day. Got a few smirks and a few "did you make it home alright?"s. Gonna be extra careful in future when out with work folk.

I think a ricer makes it a bit too fine textured, makes it feel a bit wetter maybe. I like to mash with a fork and then beat with a big wooden spoon. Mashed potato is a very important part of my diet.
I eliminated it because an ex-girlfriend had a carbphobia about them.
They never got back on the playlist.
Bloody women.

I agree on the texture from the ricer. It's a bit cheffy as opposed to cooky, if that makes sense. Ricers are more intrinsically fun is all I can offer in their defence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back