What movie did you watch last night? (13 Viewers)

The two Mesrine Movies are on BBC 2 tonight starting at 12.05 am. I've got the recorder ready.

They're great.

tumblr_lxi60w7XAK1qf504k.jpg

10 Cloverfield Lane - the first 90 minutes is a very nicely constructed tense thriller with a small cast in a confined space that has a few interesting twists and turns to it (John Goodman makes a good ambiguous villain).. and then they go and spoil it in the last 15 minutes with some tacked-on shit that feels parachuted in from any number of generic blockbusters (it doesn't even serve to tie it in to the original Cloverfield, unless I'm badly mis-remembering how that one went).

a month in the country--terrible adaptation of a great book, starring a young colin firth, kenneth branagh and natasha richardson

I watched Anomalisa last night. I liked it but it's fairly depressing and main character is a bit of a cunt. Still, pretty funny though, specially having Tom Noonan do all the other voices.

Also rewatched Children of Men which is ace and gets better every time I see it

Saw The Lion King for the first time ever on Friday night. Good, but spent most of it thinking "No, Simba, I am your father" which ruined the mood a bit.

Captain Phillips.
I'm not sure what I make of this film. I was pretty bummed out to read that the Somali guy got 33 years in an american prison at the end credits.

220px-Curseoffrankenstein.jpg

The Curse of Frankenstein (1957) 83mins

Class. Brilliant Gothic sets. Surprisingly mature film making, no "it's alive!" going on here. Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee went on to make Dracula (1958) and The Mummy (1959) in the next couple of years...that's a great run of films.

Watching Hammer always makes me sleepy. Some Pavlov's Dog stuff happening from trying to stay up to watch them when I was a kid.

Users who are viewing this thread

• xsteox
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back