Prince RIP (1 Viewer)

An interview with his personal chefs. One particular thing of note is that he never ate his last meal, which implies he was dead for some time before being discovered.

What Prince ate: An interview with Prince's personal chefs

And sorry, vegans, he wasn't a member of your tribe after all. But he was a vegetarian. Meat was among the "long list" of items they were not to use, along with onions, Feta cheese, and mushrooms. But Roberts confesses that he fed Prince onions every night, finely minced. "It was a textural thing. He just didn't want to think about it."

Eh, he said no fucking onions.

Never really took much notice of Prince & subsequently didn't realise the extent of his craziness. Has anyone written a book on all of this yet?

I was struck by his normality in an article I read the other day. It was about his final days and apparently he went to the local pharmacy several times for the drugs, went record shopping, got a coffee from a local cafe, was spotted cycling around Minneapolis on his bike - these are all things that I thought he was too famous and crazy to do.

He seems to have been remarkably happy this past decade or so, kinda reminds me of what people used to say about the last 10-15 years of Miles Davis life, where he was just happy to be playing music rather than constantly freaking out that he had to push music into the future. Makes it all even sadder : (

Bookwise, these are all at massively inflated prices right now but maybe find a pdf if you're interested:

I haven't read it but I'm told the best, super gossipy book about Prince's life seems to be Alex Hahn - Possessed so you might want to seek that one out Theseus.

The best non super gossipy is usually seen as DMSR by Per Nelson, which I have read and it's fantastic. I'd super recommend it. Only covers up as far as 1988 though.

The Lets Go Crazy book that came out in 2014 that's just about making Purple Rain is really good as well, especially if you're only really interested in that period.

The Matt Thorne Book ain't great. Although it has some nice writing it just kind of carries on aimlessly for ages and I wouldn't recommend it.

Chaos, Disorder and Revolution is totally meh.

i haven't read the Toure one but it's supposed to be good, if a bit too worshipful.

The 33 and a third about Sign o the Times is only ok at best imho.

Last edited:
I was struck by his normality in an article I read the other day. It was about his final days and apparently he went to the local pharmacy several times for the drugs, went record shopping, got a coffee from a local cafe, was spotted cycling around Minneapolis on his bike - these are all things that I thought he was too famous and crazy to do.
I read that interview and I call bullshit. Do you think Prince goes to a chemist to pick up a prescription? Also, Prince 'cycling'? I don't buy it.

After a concert a couple of years ago he hopped on a bike and cycled around the venue for a bit

prinorg_thumb_480x421_thumb_400x350.jpg

why? cos he was fucking mental that's why

Last edited:
Hope there's some good stories of this "Foo foo room" out there. Don't even know what foo foo actually means.

IMHO

Sequence Diamonds & Pearls as follows:

1. Gett Off
2. Cream
3. Diamonds & Pearls
4. Strollin'
5. Walk Don't Walk
6. WIlling & Able
7. Money Don't Matter 2 Night
8. Insatiable
9. Horny Pony

and you have an album pretty much as good as his 80's albums. I've found it's impossible to do that with the Love Symbol album tho.

in other news

Disappointing Prince Vaults Found To Contain 37,000 Hours Of Billy Joel Covers

Arsenio Hall apparently.

Sinead and Facebook are consistently the worst combination.

I still find it hard to believe he was in any way addicted to painkillers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back