Passport question - URGENT!!! (1 Viewer)

Gambra

Anarchic Harmonics
Website
www.noisenotmusic.org
Off to England on Friday, flight on Ryanair. Do I HAVE to have my passport? It expired in August!! FUCK!!! Any other ID ok?

If I do have to go down tomorrow to the passport office, do I myself need to be there?

Off to England on Friday, flight on Ryanair. Do I HAVE to have my passport? It expired in August!! FUCK!!! Any other ID ok?

If I do have to go down tomorrow to the passport office, do I myself need to be there?

I think you can use a full drivers license if you've got one of them. Check their website I'm there's a list on there somewhere.

Incidentally I managed to find my passport today, been missing for about six months. It was out of date but I need it to get a new one.

I think you can use a full drivers license if you've got one of them. Check their website I'm there's a list on there somewhere.

Incidentally I managed to find my passport today, been missing for about six months. It was out of date but I need it to get a new one.

Shit, I don't drive. Or Got a licence.. Only photo ID I have is my stuent card :(

you can't just go to the passport office either, you'll need to get a long form birth cert, and bring a passport photo to your local garda station, who have to sign and stamp it.

maybe they make exceptions in emergencies, just phone the passport office first thing and see

incidentally, i can't remember the last time anyone in dublin airport actually gave my passport more than a cursory glance, so if worse come to worst you could just chance it, and play shocked if you get caught out

Thinking of heading to Belarus in January, they've no embassy here so I need to work through their one in London or pay twice the price on arrival in Minsk... And more than likely a further bribe to the officials to ensure my visa is processed promptly.
Naturally I'm hesitant about sending such a document in the post.

Thinking of heading to Belarus in January, they've no embassy here so I need to work through their one in London or pay twice the price on arrival in Minsk... And more than likely a further bribe to the officials to ensure my visa is processed promptly.
Naturally I'm hesitant about sending such a document in the post.

Family members have had to send passports in the mail before - from Thailand to Ireland and back again, for Visas, but since it's London can you not make an appointment with their embassy there and take a day or two in London to get it sorted? If you're sitting at their front desk they might also get the visa sorted a bit more efficiently.

Family members have had to send passports in the mail before - from Thailand to Ireland and back again, for Visas, but since it's London can you not make an appointment with their embassy there and take a day or two in London to get it sorted? If you're sitting at their front desk they might also get the visa sorted a bit more efficiently.

I really hate London and it'll be an extra expense.
I'm thinking I might just risk showing up at the airport though, further research has revealed that the cost of visa there is only e90 for Irish citizens as they have no embassy here. Were I to send to London it would be £55 and a great amount more in anxiety. The only worry about that option is the aforementioned bribery.

I really hate London and it'll be an extra expense.
I'm thinking I might just risk showing up at the airport though, further research has revealed that the cost of visa there is only e90 for Irish citizens as they have no embassy here. Were I to send to London it would be £55 and a great amount more in anxiety. The only worry about that option is the aforementioned bribery.

Ah, the hating London thing makes a difference. I quite like it there. Whether you post it or bring it in person you'd likely spend the €90 and have extra stress going the London route. Is bribery such a major problem in the airport in Belarus? I've been a few places that are generally pretty corrupt, but they don't seem to start before you've legally entered the country so the visa fee guys are always fair.

Is bribery such a major problem in the airport in Belarus? I've been a few places that are generally pretty corrupt, but they don't seem to start before you've legally entered the country so the visa fee guys are always fair.

It's supposed to be a big problem within Belarus, I was guessing the airport wouldn't be any different. What you say reassures me somewhat though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back