Apple TV (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter HMD
  • Start date
  • Replies 23
  • Views 7K
  • Watchers 2
I agree the Apple TV is restrictive on filetypes (unless you have a version 2 box that can be easily jailbroken for xmbc/plex) but the WDTV is essentially a file browser that happens to play all manner of video codecs.

Unless you manually grab the .nfo/.tbn for each video you stream through a WDTV, the box itself won't automatically pull the info down from IMDB/TVDB.

How does the WD TV handle TV seasons?

It doesn't do any fancy media library-style grouping of files at all - you just get a list of available files in a shared folder.

Beat me to it Pete...

I have to admit I'm not overly failure with all the Apple TV functionality. Just when it comes to playing a vid that resides on your computer/external HD the WD box seems to be the most straight forward IMHO

It works great in conjunction with the Air Video app on an iPhone or iPad. Air Video let's you stream more or less anything from your computer to your phone/iPad and then you just bounce it directly to Apple TV. Works a treat.

Has anyone got the new Apple TV (4th gen) yet? Best streaming tv box I've used - from the new navigation system/touchpad remote to the availability of the app store, the potential is huge. Siri isn't working for Irish iTunes accounts yet (but there's nothing stopping you from using a US account to overcome it in the meantime). The casual games are pretty fun too. I can see this box getting better over time once all the TV stations/developers start releasing stuff (I'm not holding my breath on RTE creating an app but the BBC have one in the works).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back