REAPER HEADMELT AREA (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 261
  • Views 30K
  • Watchers 4
I've just discovered something MARVELLOUS.

If like me,you have a USB MIDI controller keyboard with knobs on it...well those knobs are easily assignable to any function inside REAPER you like.ie..fader/pan etc.

Thus recording automation is now a walk in the park.And anything at al that can cut down on mouse usuage is defo a big bonus.My right hand is barely strong enough to have a wank with at this stage.

Wait until you find out what ALT + B does on a MIDI channel!
But seriously though Gaz (this is Gaz, right?) download the manual and take a scan through. You're not going to believe the shit you discover....

Wait until you find out what ALT + B does on a MIDI channel!
But seriously though Gaz (this is Gaz, right?) download the manual and take a scan through. You're not going to believe the shit you discover....
I only go to the manual when theres somthing I wanna do but can't figure out.

I should really start reading it.I'd love a hard copy.

This software is incredible.Its the best thing that ever happened to my life.Thats no exaggeration.Well its up there with learning the guitar anyway

What media buffer size do yis use? It's set by default to 1200ms but I notice on mine that playing synths causes lots of glitches and drop outs when playing lots of notes or long sustained chords. I've dropped it down to 20ms now and it's better but it still does it a bit. What else can I do to stop this shit from happening? I don't have a proper audio interface, i'm just using whatever sound stuff is built into the pc and asio4all - would a proper interface work better?

Oh, hang on, asio4all has a lower latency/reduce glitches slider, this seems to work better

What media buffer size do yis use? It's set by default to 1200ms but I notice on mine that playing synths causes lots of glitches and drop outs when playing lots of notes or long sustained chords. I've dropped it down to 20ms now and it's better but it still does it a bit. What else can I do to stop this shit from happening? I don't have a proper audio interface, i'm just using whatever sound stuff is built into the pc and asio4all - would a proper interface work better?

Oh, hang on, asio4all has a lower latency/reduce glitches slider, this seems to work better

This button highlighted in blue is your friend:

reaper-3.11-x86-correct-asio-audio-device-settings.png

Doing the final mixes. If my logic board makes it through this i'll be very impressed. Once anything hits about 60+ tracks playback at once its just about able to play it. So long as you don't touch the mouse or look sideways at the computer. This means i'm having to do mixes, then render them to see if they are working, then do them again. takes about 9 mins to render.

anyways the solution to this would be to use a faster computer that isn't from 2007.

i just thought i'd feel better if i wrote it down.

I've installed some new plugins and they've cabbaged me reaper. When I try to start it now it says it can't start because ----.dll is missing from my system. It's not missing, I know exactly where it is. How do I tell Reaper where to find it?

Try

1. Opening preferences, go to VST, make sure you have the path to the your plugins folder

OR if the doesn't work

2. if you have the path right hit the rescan button, close and restart reaper.

OR if the doesn't work

3. cut and paste those new plugins into a different folder so they aren't in your vst folder, rescan so reaper won't think it should have them. close reaper, paste them back into your vst folder. open reaper. If they don't appear try 1 & 2 again.

If that doesn't work I'm stumped.

ffs

I have this song with 30-ish tracks, they were all playing fine earlier and I saved it. I just opened it there a minute ago and only a few random tracks are playing, nothing is soloed as far as I can see. Is the answer in the routing matrix? I don't really understand it. I can hear the Synth Bass, Slides, Something Is Wrong, Lead Vocal, Highs and PAD. The meters for 26, 27 and 28 light up but there's no sound.

14868809194_c01bc970c3_b.jpg

14684744247_a7400cf6d7_h.jpg

I just booted up 2010 reaper on my old computer.

they really, really have improved the interface.

Also consolodating 5 years of recording.

I should never be let near a computer drunk.

I have a simple send & return set up in reaper but there seems to be a feed back loop in there and I can't figure out where/why

• Track is sending to Hardware: Line 4 output
  • From there it goes through some pedals and into the preamp and thence to channel 1 on my audio interface
  • A new track in reaper is set to record from channel 1
  • The expected signal comes through but it's feeding back on itself

What might I be doing wrong?

I have a simple send & return set up in reaper but there seems to be a feed back loop in there and I can't figure out where/why

• Track is sending to Hardware: Line 4 output
  • From there it goes through some pedals and into the preamp and thence to channel 1 on my audio interface
  • A new track in reaper is set to record from channel 1
  • The expected signal comes through but it's feeding back on itself

What might I be doing wrong?

What is the source of the "Track" first mentioned? Are you playing a track on Track one and also recording on track 1? Why not record on channel 2. Send me the reaper file (audio not required) and I'll take a look at it for you.

What is the source of the "Track" first mentioned? Are you playing a track on Track one and also recording on track 1? Why not record on channel 2. Send me the reaper file (audio not required) and I'll take a look at it for you.
The first track was just a plain audio file. I sent it through line out 4 on my interface and back in to a new track. In the reaper mixer I just added a hardware send. For some reason the audio from all tracks was going through the send/return - I think it's something to do with the the settings in the focusrite software for the interface but I just did a quick fix it by soloing the channel with the send and recording the return.

As soon as I finish these tracks I'm fucking through with this shit.

I have a bass track playing on a synth but I want to change the adsr envelope a bit a make it a bit more attacky with level dropping off more quickly instead of sustaining too long and swamping things (I can't figure out how to do it on the synth itself, the ADSR controls are also changing the filter settings). Is there a way to do this with plugins on the bass track? Compressors or gates or something? I don't know how.

Basically I want to turn the top waveform into the bottom one

20220702_165558-01.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back