India Whisker (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not defamation when you're using her interview for slagging material.
Anyway, it's no big deal.
If India Whisker was an out-of-work male actor saying the exact same things (well, maybe Topman instead of
Topshop) everyone would find this even more hilarious and would be even more vicious.
Equal opportunity slaggings in 2008!

balls.jpg

i know a lot of actors whose parents didn't want them to act, and I do feel sorry for them. My parents [artist Charlie Whisker and fashion designer Mariad Whisker] always encouraged me with acting. They've come from creative worlds, where it's always pretty cut-throat. They've been supportive all the way, even when it's cost them loads of money for classes and headshots. In fact, I think they'd have been dismayed if any of us children wanted to be lawyers or accountants.

i'm trying to make an acting career happen in Dublin, but so much of it is not about talent. Much of it depends on who will take a chance on you and do favours for you. I decided to head to LA and give acting a last chance instead of just giving it up.

here in LA it's going really well, even though it's a move I didn't really want to make. So far, being from Dublin is a help as the Irish are pretty much worshipped over here. I don't look like your quintessential Irish beauty, but in a way I think that gives me more choices. The word 'unique' has come up a lot, especially because of my name; it held me back in Dublin but it's definitely a bonus here. I met with one agent and Patrick Dempsey was in the cubicle next to mine... I think that was the point where I knew I needed to get my cogs turning.

fashion is definitely a huge part of my life. As a kid, you want nothing to do with your parents and what they do, but I saw how hard my mother worked on her designs, so I always had huge admiration for her. She is such a perfectionist and so diligent – both qualities I'll never have. So fashion was never a career option; instead, I prefer the immediacy of acting. Mum and I went through that phase where the stuff I was wearing as a teen would horrify her. She'd be so sad watching me leave the house.

i always say I was born in the wrong era, so dressing up in those Peter O'Brien '40s' costumes at the Gate was amazing for me. I love vintage clothing, but I miss Topman so much. Moving away from my family was one thing, but I remember thinking when I left Dublin, 'what will I do without Topman?'

the u2 boys have always been friends of my parents; they'd come around for these 'lunches' my mother holds that start at 2pm and end at 4 in the morning. Edge spends a lot of time here in LA and Bono has been very supportive. They're the busiest men in the world but if you ever need anything, be it advice or guidance or any type of favour, they're always there.

Wow.

This thread is the ugliest thing i've seen in ages.

If only I'd gotten here earlier, I could have taken part in a ruthless, pointless character assassination based on a single fluff piece in a fairly duff paper that would be the first and third result on a google search! Never mind, I'm sure if root around on this here internet, I can find more opportunities to anonymously ruin other real people's days and potentially mess with their career attempts.

Amazing!

Wow.

This thread is the ugliest thing i've seen in ages.

If only I'd gotten here earlier, I could have taken part in a ruthless, pointless character assassination based on a single fluff piece in a fairly duff paper that would be the first and third result on a google search! Never mind, I'm sure if root around on this here internet, I can find more opportunities to anonymously ruin other real people's days and potentially mess with their career attempts.

Amazing!

it's fucking hateful, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back