Tinnitus (1 Viewer)

yep, have had it for the last 8 years (since I had an operation on my lug).

nope, you get used to it.

its only a nuisance when you have to strain to listen to something that you can't really hear all that well.

How do you know you have it? Any other symptoms apart from constant ringing ears? I think I may picked it up (it was only a matter of time) at the We Should Be Dead album launch. I've been to a tonne of noise gigs but that was the loudest fucking thing I've ever been at..

How do you know you have it? Any other symptoms apart from constant ringing ears?

thats about the height of it. Plus my hearing is down on one side.

you can get transitory bouts. Like you go to a gig, ears are fucked for a few days, but you come right eventually. I have it all the time. You learn to not notice it after a while.

you can get transitory bouts. Like you go to a gig, ears are fucked for a few days, but you come right eventually.

Oh I know that, after Lightning Bolt for example I couldn't hear right for three days but it passed. This ringing has been going for nearly two weeks now. Definately a cause for concern. Best to head to the doctors to make sure it isn't anything more..

Yeah, and the shitty little earphones that so many of us use. I've noticed a definite ringing sound in my ears of late, but i'm pretty sure it's down to wax impaction. Time to get my self a syringing! Actually last time I had it done at the doc she wondered how I was able to hear out of my left ear at all. I thought I was fine, just goes to show.

truly one of my greatest fears
especially the idea of hearing a noise that cycles up and down in harmonics as i drift off to sleep

although, i never wear ear plugs

actually fuck it, who gives a shit
take that, ears!

22187068.jpg

truly one of my greatest fears
especially the idea of hearing a noise that cycles up and down in harmonics as i drift off to sleep

You should read that Oliver Sacks (Sachs?) book Musicophilia. Dudes be waking up, hearing the neighbours playing the same song on the radio over and over and over till they realise its not the neighbours radio. Then the song gets reduced to phrases of the song, then eventually just two notes, repeating over and over and over, for weeks on end. Shit made me sick to read.
Pretty interesting book to read though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back