nick cave (1 Viewer)

palace

for fuck sake...

right, firstly, i can't wait to see him live again, wherever that may be...

secondly, anyone want to talk about the new album?... i haven't heard it...

It was indeed the henry's dream tour. 1992.
saw him in london on let love in tour, t'was great.
was at the 2 olympia gigs, they were boring.

I'm mixing my gigs up so.

Which lollapalooza was that? I saw Rollins Band at the 91 lollapalooza, but no Nick Cave

I've seen Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds live 20+ times and the first night of the Olympia show ranks up there as one of the finest.

It's a funny ol' game, Saint.

I'm mixing my gigs up so.

Which lollapalooza was that? I saw Rollins Band at the 91 lollapalooza, but no Nick Cave

1994-James Johnston steps in for Blixa Bargeld on gee-tar.

I get my geek off on Bad Seed trivia.

are we talking about the Abattoir Blues album here?
Or am I waaaay behind as usual.

Cause, yeah, Abattoir Blues is pretty inconsistent. Worth a listen, definitely, some deadly tracks.

I have a weird ambivalence to Nick Cave that I don't have with anyone else. I have bought 5 albums of his over the years, downloaded a couple more, the Cave button is very regularly pushed on my mp3 player, I thought he was savage at E.P. 2005....but am never bothered to shell out to see him.

What's that about?

I often pay big coin for artists I don't like as much.

I just don't know.

I used to idolise Nick Cave. I still think he's the coolest fucker around.

But everything he's done since And No More Shall We Part has been pants. Also the Electric Picnic was unbelievably disappointing for me. Even aside from the fact that I was surrounded by complete wankers.

I couldn't get into it at all...Thought it was patchy as fook. I just don't think it even comes close to his best.

I loved those Olympia gigs. My favourite Cave gigs of any I've seen, and I've seen a good few all the way back to the SFX one.

Those Vicar Street gigs with the Grinderman line-up were really great as well.

Last time I saw Nick + Bad Seeds though was in Paris when they were touring Abbatoir Blues. It wasn't very good. Entire set was the new album which is kinda annoying. Desultory encore of some oldies. Blixa gone at that stage. It all seemed a bit going through the motions.

Will probably go to the Castle one but don't have high expectations.

I couldn't get into it at all...Thought it was patchy as fook. I just don't think it even comes close to his best.

Me too. Could have been pretty good if edited down to one album maybe.

Abattoir Blues is AWESOME
AWESOME!!!!

although i think that nobody should be allowed release double albums, there are easily enough good songs on this. it's just two great albums.

does anybody like nocturama? most cave fans seem to think its a real low point. i really like it. 'rock of gibraltar' is one of my fav cave songs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back