CHRISTMAS ALBUMS THAT ARE NOT CRAP (1 Viewer)

I've been fighting the urge to post this for days, but fuck it, here is goes...

A christmas album sung by crap

mr_hankeys.jpeg

do we....do we actually...OWN this??

Robbie Analog said:
I've been fighting the urge to post this for days, but fuck it, here is goes...

A christmas album sung by crap

mr_hankeys.jpeg

I have the Steeleye Span 7" of Gaudete c/w The holly and the ivy, which makes for a folk... folk... FOLK... FOLKING great 10 minutes or so every Xmas.

kirstie said:
do we....do we actually...OWN this??
I don't think its in the flat, I think its back in London. I just want to make the point that it was given to me by someone who worked for Sony, no money was exchanged for the item in question.

I got "A Glasgow Wassail" - a comp of glasgow musicians doing christmas songs and its deadly. theres a few richard youngs ones, alistair corsbie doing "Frosty the snowman", heather leigh murray's track is kinda shite - sounds like her support set for thurston moore. some other cool stuff too.

i always think of leonard cohen's greatest hits as a christmas album

it's christmas, you can say things like that

"I've just had the local kids round to admire my baubles"

"I'm off home to roast my chestnuts"

"would you like more stuffing dear?"

"the look of wonderment on a childs face as he tugs on my cracker"

The Flaming Lips' "Secret" Christmas album;

Imagene Peise- Atlas Eets Christmas

Track List:
--------
01. Winter Wonderland 3:45
02. Silver Bells 2:41
03. Christmas Laughing Waltz (Jingle Bells) 4:29
04. Silent Night 3:18
05. Do You Hear What I Hear? (feat. Binson Echorec) 4:01
06. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas 3:00
07. White Christmas (Binson Echorec Sleigh Ride) 3:17
08. Altas Eets Christmas 3:13

Release Notes:
--------
In a world full of mysterious and timely entities, no one could be more exotic or more relevant. Imagene Peise is believed to have lived for a short time in Tikrit, Iraq. Her exact birthday is unknown. She is rumored to be just 18 at the time of this recording. Her extraordinary talent as a master jazz pianist at such a young age should, alone, put her in the realm of the stellar.

Available here for the first time Ms. Peise's Atlas Eets Christmas is a strange and beautiful experience. Little is known of her musical and recording life. Most of what is known is shrouded in clouds of legend and smoke of myth. But what is clear is her expressive playing and her unique arrangements.

The Atlas Eets Christmas collection is said to be a rehearsal for a doomed or poorly recorded session. But what an inspired ÒdoomedÓ session it turned out to be. The forgotten facts of the trio that accompanies her will perhaps be invisible to us forever. But, as we hear, Imagene is not the only musical star shining through. Ominog Bangh the synthesizer virtuoso (playing the outmoted The Laughing/Crying Glider Synthesizer) and Indian classical musician Shineyu Bhupal are obvious, added other-worldly treats.

Atlas Eets Christmas stands as a missed opportunity. It's uncanny coincidence of a Middle Eastern talent embracing such American themes (jazz piano, Silver Bells and Winter Wonderland) as we know now, are glimpses of a future that was never to be. With her powerful message of kindness and peace we can only imagine if Ms. Peise had become an international star her influence could have, in some other space and time, prevented the current apocalyptic environment.

We can not know if her story is truly triumphant or sad. She is rumored to have committed suicide in 1978. But if she really is gone from this world in the physical sense then she is gloriously hovering above us in the metaphysical dimension as a source of sublime pleasure and reassurance anytime we need her. By playing this CD she is reanimated and we are once again comforted by her loving vision.

hxxp://www.sendspace.com/file/ujcusa

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back