Best console/game (1 Viewer)

Catwoman

I'm thinking about getting Catman a games console for Xmas. We have a PS2 and a Wii. I'm thinking of getting an XBox - is this a wise choice? Recommend me some games too please!

Yep, pick up an Xbox 360. Lots of great/very good games out and as the machine has been out for ages, there's a chance you could pick up some games 2nd hand and save yourself a few quids for xmas pints.

Best games on the machine at the mo would probably be Bioshock, Call Of Duty 4, The Orange Box, Guitar Hero, Fifa 08, Halo 3, Dirt...

Grand Theft Auto was his all-time fave. Likes FIFA, Prince of Persia , Zelda on the Wii.

We are getting a HD telly soon.

Looking into 2008 both the ps3 and 360 are probably gonna be more or less evenly matched in terms of games. You can't really go wrong with either if you ask me however:

The 360 is great for online play so if playing online is important get a 360. They are very noisy and prone to breaking though.

Ps3 has a bit more functionality chiefly built in wireless and blu ray player but as of this moment the online capability is a shambles compared to the 360.

Don't want to turn this into a PS3 vs 360 thread, because that would be really ....bad. But *sigh* the PS3 is more expensive, has a lot fewer games and it's starting to look like some PS3 verions of multiformat games are turning out to be inferior (PES 2008, Orange Box etc.) Not to mention the fact that there is currently a trend for PS3 versions of games to arrive weeks after they've come out on the PS3.

They're both good machines, but at the moment I think you'd be crazy to get a PS3.

So basically if you hate your bf, get him a PS3.

Don't want to turn this into a PS3 vs 360 thread, because that would be really ....bad. But *sigh* the PS3 is more expensive, has a lot fewer games and it's starting to look like some PS3 verions of multiformat games are turning out to be inferior (PES 2008, Orange Box etc.) Not to mention the fact that there is currently a trend for PS3 versions of games to arrive weeks after they've come out on the PS3.

They're both good machines, but at the moment I think you'd be crazy to get a PS3.

Name all the great 360 exclusives in 2008.

does he have a DS ?
if he likes zelda..
zeldads.jpg

Name all the great 360 exclusives in 2008.

Ah now! You can't say what a great exclusive is until the game is actually out there. In fairness we all know the PS3 exclusives have been poor to average. No PS3 exclusive has come anywhere near the acclaim given to the likes of Gears, Bioshock, Halo 3 and Mass Effect (yeah I know some of those came out later on the PC).

That's not to say that next years PS3 exclusives will be shit, but they do have to improve big time. While the likes Metal Gear, KillZone and Drakes Fortune look deadly at this stage - so did Heavenly Sword and Lair. Drakes has a pretty good score on metacritic though.

As for 360/MS exclusives that have promise, there is the likes of Alan Wake, World In Conflict, GTA IV content... but sure they aren't here yet, so could all be crap.

If you were advising someone to buy a console though, would you tell them to buy the one with games on the way that might be great, or the one that already has great games and potentially more on the way?

Ah now! You can't say what a great exclusive is until the game is actually out there. In fairness we all know the PS3 exclusives have been poor to average. No PS3 exclusive has come anywhere near the acclaim given to the likes of Gears, Bioshock, Halo 3 and Mass Effect (yeah I know some of those came out later on the PC).

That's not to say that next years PS3 exclusives will be shit, but they do have to improve big time. While the likes Metal Gear, KillZone and Drakes Fortune look deadly at this stage - so did Heavenly Sword and Lair. Drakes has a pretty good score on metacritic though.

As for 360/MS exclusives that have promise, there is the likes of Alan Wake, World In Conflict, GTA IV content... but sure they aren't here yet, so could all be crap.

If you were advising someone to buy a console though, would you tell them to buy the one with games on the way that might be great, or the one that already has great games and potentially more on the way?

Ok well exclusives aside it doesn't make sense to take a snapshot of things right now and assume they're gonna continue that way especially in an industry that changes so quickly. Even my 93 year old granny knows that the reason for the shitty ps3 multiplatform titles is cos they were built for the 360 and then quickly ported to the ps3. Games built from the ground up on ps3 play great. COD4 plays just as good on the ps3 and was released the same day.

PES2008 runs bad cos it was badly developed. They couldn't even explain the slowdown. The Orange Box for ps3 was dumped on EA and they were given two months to port it. Valve are content to see it fail.

Anyways if you're not too fussed about online play as many people are and you're interested in the extras that the ps3 offers out of the box then it’s a great option.

To sum up my advice would be to get both.

Regards,

Thundering Geebag.

Forget everything we've all said and get him a puppy. They're the ideal Christmas gift!

Hehehehe... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back