fiji (1 Viewer)

I've been. I'll have to dig up the guidebook and brush up on the places to avoid. And there was one island I went to that was great. The place was all run by and for the community, and there was such a different atmosphere there than on the other islands, where some of the resorts were set up by a particularly aggressive local running everyone else off the island and basically siezing the land.

To be honest? You might not be too overwhelmed with awe, although if you're just going for a bit of chilling out on the beach, you'll have a good time.

You'll fly into Nadi, which isn't much more than a tourist base, but I thought Suva, the capital, was kinda okay. I would have liked to spend a bit more time there, but we really only stayed the night.

More later...How long are you staying and when are you going? And are you just going to those two spots?

You're one lucky bastard.

We went to Mana Island immediately upon arriving at the Nadi Bay Hotel. It's really nice and I much preferred it to Beachcomber and Robinson Crusoe. Beachcomber is tiny, couldn't wait to get off it after a couple of days.
They don't like you bringing your own booze so they can sell you theirs at full whack. If you're travelling a long time, smuggle some on and keep it hidden. On Robinson Crusoe they had a security guard called Bruce who'd walk around with a torch and would confiscate booze (!). You get it back when you leave. Those islands operate a tab system, a fantastic if slightly dangerous feature.
I'm sure you want the full experience but fucking hell if I were you I'd avoid Kava ceremonies. Tastes like mud and it gradually makes you lose all feeling in your head.

I'm sure you want the full experience but fucking hell if I were you I'd avoid Kava ceremonies. Tastes like mud and it gradually makes you lose all feeling in your head.
don't get the kava thing, it just makes me feel a bit fucked up without any particularly pleasant edge. still drank fucking loads of it though (in vanuatu). i met an expat aussie woman in port vila who was addicted to it, she was a good laugh but a bit fucked up...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back