FAI (2 Viewers)

skinnerchinner

whats the craic with the slovak and czech games
it was a pain in the arse getting tickets
you had to get flight details and accom to them today to get your tickets

there must be a serious lack of supply to fill the demand if they are doing that

should be a great trip

anyone recommend any good stuff in bratislava ?

or prague ?

The conspiracy folks are out and about over Stephen Ireland deceased gran

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/boysingreen/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=29291

Can't blame Stan or the FAI for this one - it appears Stephen Ireland was the source of the misinformation - his girlfriend lost her baby, unfortunately, and the grannies dying thing was a spur-of-the-moment excuse so he could go home to see her:
http://www.mcfc.co.uk/default.sps?pagegid={DBD12D53-8346-431D-A04F-5D0F8664DE80}&newsid=471262
I'm sure nobody would have had a problem if he'd told the truth on that one, fair enough if they panicked or something though.

my god, i know its bad but i couldn't help but laugh reading stephen irelands statement. just tell the truth rather than lying like a madman, them grannies must have got an awful shock.

The truth will out in the end though.

I'm sure if he explained the situation at the time, he would have been allowed home, and they would have released a statement saying "a family emergency" or what not. He's only a young lad though, so it was just a bit of naivite.

Uh-oh.

Ireland sets the record straight 14/09/2007 13:17

Statement from Stephen Ireland.

“I wish to explain the circumstances surrounding my departure from the Republic of Ireland international squad following the Euro 2008 qualifier against Slovakia in Bratislava last Saturday.

“When the game ended our manager Stephen Staunton took me outside the dressing room into the corridor along with the Ireland team doctor. He told me that they had taken a call from my girlfriend, Jessica, and she said my grandmother had died.

“I was deeply shocked because I believed it was my maternal grandmother who had brought me up from when I was five. The manager went back into the dressing room to get my phone and when I got it I immediately rang my girlfriend to get more details.

“My girlfriend was distraught and explained that she had just suffered a miscarriage. Jessica said she was very lonely and wanted me to come home. She said she thought they might let me home quicker if they thought my grandmother had died.

“When I finished the call I told the manager and doctor that my grandmother had died and because we were very close I wanted to go home immediately. The manager said that was no problem and he would get the FAI to sort it out.

“The FAI hired a private jet to get me home and I flew out of Bratislava the following morning. Before I left I told the FAI media officer that the name of my grandmother was Patricia Tallon.

“Early on Monday morning I got a phone call from Stephen Staunton telling me that the FAI had discovered my grandmother in Cork was not dead. He wanted to know what was going on and I told him that there had been a mistake and it had been my father’s mother. I told him her name was Brenda Kitchener, that she lived in London.

“Jessica and I were still very upset over the miscarriage so we flew home to Ireland for a few days.

“On Thursday, I got a phone-call from Manchester City stating that the FAI had discovered that my grandmother, Brenda Kitchener, was also alive. I decided at that stage that I must tell truth and admit I had told lies.

“I realise now that it was a massive mistake on my part to tell the FAI and Manchester City that my grandmothers had died and I deeply regret it. The miscarriage that Jessica suffered last Saturday has caused both of us a lot of heartache and had caused us both to panic.

“It was wrong and I sincerely apologise, particularly as I caused a lot of problems for many people.

“I would like to apologise to my grandmothers and all my family for any distress I have caused them.

“Ireland manager Stephen Staunton, my Ireland team-mates, the backroom staff and the FAI also deserve my profound apologies. I truly appreciate that the extraordinary lengths they went to put my welfare first and ensure I got home from Slovakia as quickly as possible.

“I am also sorry for causing Manchester City any embarrassment and apologise to the supporters of both Manchester City and Ireland for misleading them and the media.

“I love playing for my country and am grateful for the understanding Mr Staunton and the FAI have shown to me since I told them the truth.

“I have learnt a valuable lesson from this mess and hope those I have hurt by my actions will forgive me.”

Stephen Ireland

2 great spots
pitty about the shite football
mcgeady can fuck off back to scotland
i think everyone laready knows my position on zinidine kill bain
youre kill bain you prob'ly think this song is about youre kill bain

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back