Baby Names (1 Viewer)

If I didn't have dear friends who have children with difficult names I would say that complex spellings are a subtle way parents have of demonstrating how educated they are. "Orfhlaith" for Orla is the most outrageous example

I wish people would stop calling their kids Seán, Sean, Shaun, Shawn, Sion, Séan (pronounced “Seán”), and Seanán.

seanc Gannon, that's a cool name.

A girl in the other halves class first name is "Precious".

silence_lambs_06.jpeg

[SIZE=-1]Yes, it will, Precious, won't it? It will get the hose![/SIZE]

Couple try to name son '4real'

A New Zealand couple have been blocked by authorities in their bid to name their baby son '4real'.

Pat and Sheena Wheaton decided on the name after glimpsing him for the first time during a scan, reports Metro News.

But they have been told that '4real' can't go down on the birth certificate because numerals are not allowed.

Mrs Wheaton told TV One: "For most of us, when we try to figure out what our names mean, we have to look it up in a babies book and there's no direct link between the meaning and the name.

"With this name, everyone knows what it means."

But when the parents tried to file the name with New Zealand's Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages, they were told names beginning with a number were against the rules.

The government office has opened negotiations with the parents about the name under a policy that says all unusual names must be given case-by-case consideration.

Registrar-General Brian Clarke said in a statement: "The name has not at this stage been rejected. We are currently in discussions with the parents to clarify the situation."

New Zealand law requires all children to be registered within two months of birth and the baby will be registered as 'Real' if no compromise is reached.

4real.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back