Minor Pleasures (4 Viewers)

Well, my arm is in a cast now. The doctors were were impressed at my pain tolerance and stupidity.

No surgery as yet, but that might happen. The doctor seemed hopeful as whatever he did today went pretty well. He says the fact that I smoke meant that the injury hadn't fully healed, which turns out to be a good thing, as it would have healed in a monstrous deformed way, and they'd have to break it again.

The nurse was showing my x-rays to other random nurses like "look at this dickhead".

Anyway, I'm glad I finally sucked it up and did something about it. And also, I'm high as fuck right now.

Myself and the kids were sitting over in our swimming spot hanging our feet into the water, and I saw an otter paddling over towards us. I told the kids to keep an eye out and pointed to where he was. The youngfla immediately whipped his feet out, and my daughter leaned over to get a better look. The otter surfaced less than a meter away, and scooted past us.
I was asking the younglfa if he was scared of otters and he explained: Otters are the cats of the sea, they'll bite your toes, but just for fun. They can't help it.

I've never seen a wild otter as close, it swam underneath our feet. Otters: the cats of the sea.

Oh yeah, my hand was about a half inch away from where it should be, and some bone has gone missing. It might heal well, or I might get plates screwed in. Either way, a good excuse to reinvent my bass playing technique.

Attachments

• IMG_20230526_212337.jpg
    IMG_20230526_212337.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 18

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back