Minor Pleasures (7 Viewers)

Well done on finally getting away from them. I've heard infuriating stories of people trying to cancel their contract
They were an absolute pain for me to cancel. I just ended up cancelling my direct debit when they kept running me around in circles. They threatened me with debt collectors for the amount I owed. I called their bluff and they said they’d ask their manager and they’d just leave it. It was €30 or something stupid like that.

They were an absolute pain for me to cancel. I just ended up cancelling my direct debit when they kept running me around in circles. They threatened me with debt collectors for the amount I owed. I called their bluff and they said they’d ask their manager and they’d just leave it. It was €30 or something stupid like that.

Can't wait to (try) cancel my broadband next year

I cancelled by lying and telling them I was leaving the country. They started offering me all these sweeteners to get me to stay, like discounts and and an upgraded box. To be honest if they'd offered me those things originally, I wouldn't have left them, but fuck that.

Then I moved to UPC/Virgin Media. You can cancel your contract with them through their online portal, so that was no hassle.

Now I'm with Eir and will have to fill out a moving house form soon. Will see how that goes, but generally I have had no issues with them up til now.

i had a great time with irish water a few years ago, the sort of issue where i was informing them of the sort of water meters they were installing. the head of customer complaints ended up calling round to my house briefly to resolve the (really quite trivial) issue.
(long story short - the meter cover at the end of my driveway is metal, not plastic - and the callcentre folk were swearing blind that they didn't use metal covers)

Eir nearly put me in the grave during lockdown.

They were so bad it was mentioned in the Dail
glad you're still here to tell the tale!

they are the third operator I've tried where I'm currently living. They are the first that I've been able to get a mobile signal with. Their TV is AppleTV so is grand, and their broadband is more reliable than VirginMedia, who were once the benchmark.

What I can't comment on is the quality, or otherwise, of their customer support, as I have not had much cause to use them (other than some teething problems with charges in the first few weeks I was with them). I'll see how much hassle it is moving across to the new place. My whole opinion could change.

I got a little …tipsy in work last night during my managers birthday party.
I managed to not publicly humiliate myself and no hangover this morning.

I should probably mention that the first time I went to an after work drinks thing in this job, I walked straight into shot while they were filming the 9oclock news and thought the best idea was to hide behind a car. My manager has to come back to get. Drunk me thinks I’m stealthy as fuck.

Last edited:
Some of you here are gonna reach 50 and beyond and you're gonna find more peace and joy than you ever have before in your life (if you haven't already)... and you're gonna think for a second "This is what that annoying prick on Thumped was talking about"

Happy Wednesday all

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back