The Russian invasion of Ukraine (1 Viewer)

I mean fair balls and all that.
But does he even go there?

If you want to make a real splash, you need a truck, some steel tubes and some Mark 10 homemade mortar.

I mean fair balls and all that.
But does he even go there?

If you want to make a real splash, you need a truck, some steel tubes and some Mark 10 homemade mortar.
Nah, it's Public Relations.

Set the camera up, ensure it makes a nice flash, shove it up on social media, win.

Plus it's worth it for the shocked gasps coming out of Putin's Pals about the VERY NERVE of these people attacking US! Can you just imagine it? US!? Us poor innocent law abiding Russians, going about our daily business of feeding malnourished dogs and smiling at children. Life is SO UNFAIR. Etc etc etc.

Nah, it's Public Relations.

Set the camera up, ensure it makes a nice flash, shove it up on social media, win.

Plus it's worth it for the shocked gasps coming out of Putin's Pals about the VERY NERVE of these people attacking US! Can you just imagine it? US!? Us poor innocent law abiding Russians, going about our daily business of feeding malnourished dogs and smiling at children. Life is SO UNFAIR. Etc etc etc.
That's how I felt about things til the UKRs blew up that nutso's daughter in the car

I mean I'm happy to believe it was a false flag and all. Just wouldn't put anything past the UKRs either now at this point, in terms of boldness.

That's how I felt about things til the UKRs blew up that nutso's daughter in the car

I mean I'm happy to believe it was a false flag and all. Just wouldn't put anything past the UKRs either now at this point, in terms of boldness.

If I was Ukrainian military now, I'd be pulling every tactic going. For example we know the Provos were effective, partly because they had a decentralized, anonymized cell structure that could operate under the noses of Security Forces. I'd be looking very carefully at how that was set up and able to operate. And I'd be hitting softer targets like trains, along with any high value PR target in Moscow or St Petersburg.

If I was Ukrainian military now, I'd be pulling every tactic going. For example we know the Provos were effective, partly because they had a decentralized, anonymized cell structure that could operate under the noses of Security Forces. I'd be looking very carefully at how that was set up and able to operate. And I'd be hitting softer targets like trains, along with any high value PR target in Moscow or St Petersburg.
Not an expert, but I don't think the UKRs are targeting civilians

That's all happening on the other side

false flag or?
possibly!

If Ukraine - it's not really an assaasination attempt, just showing the Russians that they can be got at

If Russia - it's a galvanising act saying to the population at large that Empire Mother Russia is at stake from the evil West who want a big war with Russia

Last edited:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Potential outcome unlocked.

Putin 'removes' wagner just at the point he's about to take over russia, painting putin as a hero and giving a diplomatic path and a blame guy for de escalation.

we live in hope.

Putin 'removes' wagner just at the point he's about to take over russia, painting putin as a hero and giving a diplomatic path and a blame guy for de escalation.

we live in hope.
The real threat to Putin is from his right, I think
The people that want more war, not less

Not sure he can get rid of Prigozhin at this point. I mean he's utterly vile and all, but he's kind of done an end run around everyone. I do hope he gets killed though.

The real threat to Putin is from his right, I think
The people that want more war, not less

Not sure he can get rid of Prigozhin at this point. I mean he's utterly vile and all, but he's kind of done an end run around everyone. I do hope he gets killed though.

I think the regular military were probably hoping Wagner would have been almost wiped out at this stage, and they could saunter in and take the credit.

The pro-war side has many factions, some of which would quite happily sideline Prigozhin.

I think the regular military were probably hoping Wagner would have been almost wiped out at this stage, and they could saunter in and take the credit.

The pro-war side has many factions, some of which would quite happily sideline Prigozhin.
The larger picture here is of course that Wagner are kind of admitting defeat in Bakhmut on behalf of Russia and are busy looking for scapegoats

Right?

we live in hope.

seeds are being sown - not quite how i guessed, but early sign of 'removal' coming up here:

The head of Russia's Wagner mercenary force fighting in eastern Ukraine on Tuesday said he had been told he and his men would be regarded as traitors if they abandoned their positions in the city of Bakhmut.

But Yevgeny Prigozhin said for the second time in a matter of days that his forces would leave Bakhmut if they did not receive the ammunition they needed to press the battle.

He delivered his latest tirade in a profanity-laced audio message which coincided with Russia marking the Soviet victory over Nazi Germany in World War Two with its traditional parade on Moscow's Red Square.

"A combat order came yesterday which clearly stated that if we leave our positions (in Bakhmut), it will be regarded as treason against the motherland. That was the message to us," Prigozhin said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back