Cancelled (2 Viewers)

THE MISFITS broke up in 1983.

Soccer AM was really a product of the 90's lad culture / Britpop and never moved on much.
Remember the Soccerette or soldiers sending in photos of themselves in football shirts in the Iraq or Afghanistan?
In fairness SAM knew its target audience well and was cleverly designed to appeal to yer average football fan. It had a loyal following but a lot of people hated it.
Surprised it has lasted so long.

Good times
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My favourite Soccer AM guest was Tony Wilson. They had to explain who he was and mentioned NEW ORDER.
Tim Lovejoy (prat) told Tony to be careful what he said and as with young lads Wayne Rooney and Micah Richards it didn't work and Tony accidentally said ''shit'' within 30 seconds.

Tony died in early August in hospital and one his last words to his partner Yvette was a joke about hoping she had the season tickets for Old Trafford organised.

Tis a tricky subject all the same.......

(Its something she said about immigration isn't it?)

The people at Spar would have been screaming at their radios over the PR handler's manner of dealing with the interview going askew, "stop saying the name of our fucking business while this car crash is happening."

The sympathetic reading of Harrington is that maybe she isn't so permanently online as others what with her being an elite calibre athlete and needing to work a job job to support that so might be lacking in the business of (social) media literacy. But if she's someone who is regularly endorsing the sort of opinions the Sharon Keoghans of the world have then it's a fair indicator that we wouldn't get on very well.

Last edited:
Tis a tricky subject all the same.......

(Its something she said about immigration isn't it?)
Specifically, she tweeted and then deleted a tweet about a French girl raped and murdered by immigrants back in October
The OTB lad wanted to get to the bottom of it all

In fairness, I listened to almost none of it
I'm basing this on about half an hour on Twitter last night where the commentary on her was not kind

Specifically, she tweeted and then deleted a tweet about a French girl raped and murdered by immigrants back in October
The OTB lad wanted to get to the bottom of it all

In fairness, I listened to almost none of it
I'm basing this on about half an hour on Twitter last night where the commentary on her was not kind

wasn't this not actually the case in the end? (can't remember)

with Kellie H. - a charitable view would be that she was the victim of not fact checking twitter shitemongers and their misrepresenting of news to suit an agenda?

or maybe she's a monster.

I've been watching some these anti immigration videos lately and I don't know what to make of it all. Its so hard to get to the truth of what is going on. I'm kind of in the middle. I can see both sides. Have these attacks happened? I'm sure they have. Are they being exaggerated & manipulated by the "Oirland for da Oirish" side. I'm sure they are.

I've been watching some these anti immigration videos lately and I don't know what to make of it all. Its so hard to get to the truth of what is going on. I'm kind of in the middle. I can see both sides. Have these attacks happened? I'm sure they have. Are they being exaggerated & manipulated by the "Oirland for da Oirish" side. I'm sure they are.
The girl was murdered, but it seems it was a personal thing between parents (some of whom were immigrants) or something - best I can glean from this

Paris murder: Killing of Lola, 12, sparks immigration row in France

Anyone reading about a 12-year-old that died "with signs of asphyxiation and cervical compression" is gonna be mad about it.

So if you hate immigration, it’s an ideal rallying call – and you can dispense with most of the facts.

This is where we are as a country – we want to help, but there’s a feeling there’s only so much we can do.

1680011507391.png

My feeling is from reading Twitter and listening to radio that if you are the type of person who expresses concern about immigration, there is a pretty quick backlash. Not talking about Kellie specifically here. There’s no real space for a critical view of the amount of people coming in.

I don’t necessarily agree with the people who are concerned, but I don’t lump them all in together with the nutters.

The people in East Wall weren’t all crazies.

My gut tells me when there are this many people concerned about the amount of refugees coming in and there is no outlet for that viewpoint, you give the headcases a chance to say “They won’t listen to you, but I will. They say you’re a hate monger, I know you just love your country” etc. etc. If you don’t give these people a voice, someone else will. This is how a hate group grows.

I think the level of anger leveled at Kellie last night (over a tweet she deleted and clearly didn’t want to talk about) only strengthens the view that there is only one attitude to be had on immigration, and if you don’t have that, you’re with the crazy hate mob.

Once the lie is told then walking it back with the truth is hard.

There was that case in Dungarven in recent months, "4 immigrants raped an Irish woman." My mother is from down that way and I work with a guy from there too. He's a decent guy who I like but he was talking about that case in work, "the whole town is talking about it."

There's since been an arrest, of a woman for making a false report to the guards. But the story of the 4 rapists is out there swimming in people's minds. I'm not sure if it's even worth my while bringing up the new details to my colleague.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back