What gig(s) are you going to this week? (1 Viewer)

Anyone else at Angel Olsen this evening?

I've got a few other things coming up in the next few weeks; @snakybus and the ghasts album launch on the 17th and Pavement on the 10th.

Gigs were such a massive part of my life pre covid, I think I'm going to start making more of an effort to get back going to them again.

Was very curious what this would be like. How did it go?

It was kinda cheesy. The audience was made up of old lads. ,Older than me even and young girls. Could very easily feel very uncomfortable.

She played mostly Runaways tunes a few solo ones from her recent record and a Bowie cover.
it was enjoyable enough. One of those gigs where you just have to relax and enjoy it for what it is. Definitely benefited from being a tiny venue.

I turned down a free Carcass ticket and feel I made the right choice.

It was kinda cheesy. The audience was made up of old lads. ,Older than me even and young girls. Could very easily feel very uncomfortable.

She played mostly Runaways tunes a few solo ones from her recent record and a Bowie cover.
it was enjoyable enough. One of those gigs where you just have to relax and enjoy it for what it is. Definitely benefited from being a tiny venue.

I turned down a free Carcass ticket and feel I made the right choice.
Yeah, I was surprised when I saw it advertised that it was in such a small venue, I've been to a few gigs there, I like the place!

Sounds like a good night, glad you enjoyed it. I had thought it would be mostly Runaways stuff alright. I'd forgotten Carcass were playing!

Support Cian Nugent on at 8:30 and Mr Wareham due on at 9:15.
Hoping they open the balcony!
Oh nice, I'd forgotten that Cian Nugent was supporting! Cheers for that! Yeah, an open balcony would be great alright.

The only place I saw it advertised was on songkick. Couldn't even find it on the venue wrbsite
I think they spent most of the marketing budget at the website that shall not be mentioned. Very little info about it anywhere else (that I saw anyway).

I think they spent most of the marketing budget at the website that shall not be mentioned. Very little info about it anywhere else (that I saw anyway).

But it can't cost money to add it to the venue website/Facebook/Twitter etc. I couldn't even see it mentioned on anything

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back