Lankum (1 Viewer)

they're incongruous. it's an ugly sound, but not good ugly, just unpleasant ugly.

You may not be interested but the guy who produced them (part of me suspects that he's been a thumpder at some point) was interviewed by sound on sound where he talked a lot about incorporating hte non trad sounds into their recordings.

You may not be interested but the guy who produced them (part of me suspects that he's been a thumpder at some point) was interviewed by sound on sound where he talked a lot about incorporating hte non trad sounds into their recordings.

Don't think he has been.

Weren’t you giving out about punk being too conservative? Trad should always be able to embrace new ideas, as well as have people play in a way that is more of a preservative/heritage perspective.

I was stating facts about punk and the punks got angry if I remember correctly because I didn't conform to the rules of punk and it seems they will never get over it either.
A drone is not a new idea in trad. I don't hate them out anything, I just said the drone on that song detracts from the song. They've basically added vuvuzela there.

I was stating facts about punk and the punks got angry if I remember correctly because I didn't conform to the rules of punk and it seems they will never get over it either.
A drone is not a new idea in trad. I don't hate them out anything, I just said the drone on that song detracts from the song. They've basically added vuvuzela there.
Wait, drones weren’t invented by Dylan Carlson?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back