The Russian invasion of Ukraine (6 Viewers)

These guys will sort those poxy Russians out.

uFpBYhm6QB5qB9ZNqNMs34.jpg
How did we (I) miss how utterly gay this was at the time?

They have a new song out as a tribute to their German fans, and it it the most weirdly restrained production I've heard in ages.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

they damaged one of these A 50s a day or two ago, is this the same one? Like a little test run?

ok - looks like it might be. Good to know they got the thing bombed, rather than just a PR move.

Trumpalumpa will have this war sorted before lunchtime.
Everything is so easy in Lumpaland.

I think he should his liver tested. looks a bit jaundiced.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if it's interesting or not that they release this stuff ~immediately, I think it might be. It's a good tactic anyway. Make a statement, wait for Russia to make a statement, release footage of event that gives the impression that the initial US statement might have been true.

Of course they are taking out drones though. The US is providing Ukraine with running live updates on the troop positions, and they're doing that via various things including drones.

I'm curious to what extent is the US helping. Is it just blow by blow intel, and equipment? Or are they advising too? I'd guess they're also advising. If they are advising, funding, training, equipping and providing intel, then it's close to Vietnam minus actual US troops. At a point you have to ask what defines being at war with someone.

I'm not sure if it's interesting or not that they release this stuff ~immediately, I think it might be. It's a good tactic anyway. Make a statement, wait for Russia to make a statement, release footage of event that gives the impression that the initial US statement might have been true.

Of course they are taking out drones though. The US is providing Ukraine with running live updates on the troop positions, and they're doing that via various things including drones.

I'm curious to what extent is the US helping. Is it just blow by blow intel, and equipment? Or are they advising too? I'd guess they're also advising. If they are advising, funding, training, equipping and providing intel, then it's close to Vietnam minus actual US troops. At a point you have to ask what defines being at war with someone.

The US released it quickly cos they had the footage and it's obvious to everyone what happened. And they're marking Russia's card.

The US is likely giving all the intel it can to Ukraine. All those generals that were killed early doors? You have to think the US helped with that. The only limiting factor they face is trying to stop the Ukrainians going bonkers with it. Blowing up cars in Moscow and so on.

This is all part of Putin's grand miscalculation here.
He saw Biden run out of Afghanistan and figured the worst he'd face was sanctions. And sanctions was all anyone in the west was expecting to do.
Til Russia ate its own dick and proved to be a pathetic fighting force, got beaten back by the Ukrainians and the west had the opportunity to do more than pass motions of condemnation at the UN. And try to figure out where's next? Georgia? Moldova? Latvia? Do we him fight there?

Simply put, the US would rather send money and guns to Ukraine now than fighting troops to Poland/Latvia/Lithuania five years from now. Putin figured they wouldn't have the stomach to do any of this, and went ahead with his war of choice.
Trump/Ron DeSantis/Tucker Carlson et al think the US should just drop out and let them fight it out. They're wrong, I think.

But this is one of those rare enough times when current US foreign policy on Ukraine is also, more or less, the correct moral thing to do. If you believe in democracy and self-determination and all that.
We don't get too many of these moments. That might be why it feels weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back