BREXIT (6 Viewers)

at one point I believed Glinner was posting, or lurking on thumped. He interacted with me on twitter years ago, when I opened a twitter account. Like it would have been something l5 + years ago possibly.
Cycling was the reason I opened Twitter, and couple of thumped people got added in there somehow via who knows. But there would have been nothing else, cycling bollocks, and thumped. At the time I wasn't sure if it really was him, but I concluded that it must have been via here because I'm about 98% certain there could have been no other way he would have had any notion about me.
AND I STILL AM eh I mean eh Glinner yeah what a prick

"it is understood former UK prime minister Mr Johnson has become concerned that a successful deal will see the government ditch controversial legislation allowing the UK to unilaterally rip up some Brexit arrangements in the North."

that's not brilliantly worded; i had to read that a couple of times to confirm what it meant; i had read it as if there was an extra comma, which reverses the meaning:
"it is understood former UK prime minister Mr Johnson has become concerned that a successful deal will see the government ditch controversial legislation, allowing the UK to unilaterally rip up some Brexit arrangements in the North."

anyway, fun and games.

“My offer to the prime minister stands. If a deal is on the table, and it delivers for the UK, Labour will back it"

Which is the opposite of course to what Labour did under Corbyn when they voted against May's Brexit deal along side the ERG and DUP. A deal which might very well have passed if a third vote had been allowed and in that case the protocol would have been settled years ago. It's that gridlock really which led to the subsequent leadership change within the Tory party and a general election giving a massive Tory majority putting Johnson in office as PM and at the same pushing the Tory party so far to the right.

Apparently Johnson was heard muttering and mumbling "Rishi" the whole time by whoever was sitting near him during Zelensky's recent visit to the UK. So he might try to stage some sort of revolt with the Tory Brexit hardliners. I'm sure he'd like nothing more than get back at Sunak and that Johnsons opinions on Northern Ireland and the EU are genuine.

Johnson is only kicking up because he doesn't want Rishi Sunak to be the PM that managed to cement a Brexit solution that both sides actually accept. Basically he's terrified of any kind of competence, because it automatically makes him look shit.

The only one who knows how to implement brexit properly is Mr. Faberge.
Come on Nig, your country needs you.....
There will be plenty of time left for pints with the lads....
To be fair to him, he's never won an election but has gotten almost every single thing he's ever campaigned for, is he the most successful British politician of the past 15 years?

True he achieved his one political goal. Now he can sit back at a safe distance and watch them try implement the mess he created.

I say he's sound buh.....

True he achieved his one political goal. Now he can sit back at a safe distance and watch them try implement the mess he created.
You say that like you're being sarcastic but, like, yeah thats exactly what he gets to do! He fucking runs the country and never has to worry about the paperwork.

Brexit is possibly unsolvable because you kinda nearly have to reconcile Northern Ireland with Ireland and Ireland with England at the same time. If it was just finance the chairs would have been moved around years ago.
Bit of sinkhole really.

This guy is a wind up merchant right? ☝🏻
Corbyn being shit is not exactly a niche opinion

Nor is Corbyn's invisibility contributing to Brexit passing exactly a radical idea. He was AWOL on the most important issue his country has faced this century.

Corbyn's utter failure as a leftist leader begat the move to Starmer's centre.
The Tories are cunts. Labour are useless.
These are straightforward concepts.

Brexit is largely the only thing the Brits have done that has consequence for Ireland, and therefore my only metric on Corbyn. And he ate his own dick on it.
I don't care what the Brits do - I mean they have a fucking monarchy and love sheds more than any sane people should. Let them have at their stupid shit in their dying culture. Do not care if they paint the whole country into one big Union Jack and sell the NHS to McDonald's. Don't care.
I only care how what they do effects us.

Keep voting Tory though. Cos that's not weird as fuck.

I hoping someday Forage and the rest will be turned on by the British public and run out of the country.
Probably end up doing nicely for himself talkin shite on pox news.

Worth remembering for contect, David Cameron also slept through brexit and it was his baby.

It was not Cameron's job to be the opposition. He's still a cunt and all, but it's Labour's job to fight for its members and supporters.

Corbyn voted to leave way back when in the 70s, and there was no flicker of fight in him to Remain in 2016. He sat on his hands and let the two wings of the Tory party fight it out.
Half of Labour supporters didn't know which side their party was on when asked in multiple polls. That's on Corbyn. A useless feckless dope in 2016.
He was a soft Remainer at the very best and a secret Leaver, if you want to be utterly cynical; I can't see inside the man's mind.

Sorry to keep hammering on on this, but it's plain as day to me.

Corbyn being shit is not exactly a niche opinion

Nor is Corbyn's invisibility contributing to Brexit passing exactly a radical idea. He was AWOL on the most important issue his country has faced this century.

Corbyn's utter failure as a leftist leader begat the move to Starmer's centre.
The Tories are cunts. Labour are useless.
These are straightforward concepts.

Brexit is largely the only thing the Brits have done that has consequence for Ireland, and therefore my only metric on Corbyn. And he ate his own dick on it.
I don't care what the Brits do - I mean they have a fucking monarchy and love sheds more than any sane people should. Let them have at their stupid shit in their dying culture. Do not care if they paint the whole country into one big Union Jack and sell the NHS to McDonald's. Don't care.
I only care how what they do effects us.

Keep voting Tory though. Cos that's not weird as fuck.
Labour voters went 70% for remain, Corbyn might have been lukewarm in campaigning for it (basically being a 1970s Labour type who was suspicious of the EEC from the get-go as being some capitalist scheme to depress wages and collective bargaining power) but among those worthy of blame I think he's fairly low on the list.. you reckon Ed Milliband or somebody would have got people in Stoke or Hull enthusiastic about remain?

It was not Cameron's job to be the opposition. He's still a cunt and all, but it's Labour's job to fight for its members and supporters.

Corbyn voted to leave way back when in the 70s, and there was no flicker of fight in him to Remain in 2016. He sat on his hands and let the two wings of the Tory party fight it out.
Half of Labour supporters didn't know which side their party was on when asked in multiple polls. That's on Corbyn. A useless feckless dope in 2016.
He was a soft Remainer at the very best and a secret Leaver, if you want to be utterly cynical; I can't see inside the man's mind.

Sorry to keep hammering on on this, but it's plain as day to me.

I think the point you are missing is that its fully viable that within the labour supporting part of England that people might be both remain or exit voters while still be labour voters and whatever leader was in at the time was getting hobsons bicycle. England doesn't even understand referendums to start with like. Brits fucking love being told what to do, but telling people what to do isnt actually democracy.

Was Corbyn supposed to tell them that we are remainers if we want to support labour, or was he better off being a labour traditionalist and following the will of the workers, who were devided on the issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back