Pink Floyd (1 Viewer)

Something that didn't register with me first time round in that interview...

Rog said:
In the studio of his house, he plays three tracks from a brand new re-recording of “The Dark Side of the Moon”, which celebrates its 50th birthday in March. “The new concept is meant to reflect on the meaning of the work, to bring out the heart and soul of the album,” he says, “musically and spiritually. I’m the only one singing my songs on these new recordings, and there are no rock and roll guitar solos.”

The spoken words, superimposed on instrumental pieces like “On The Run” or “The Great Gig in the Sky” and over “Speak To Me”, “Brain Damage” “Any Colour You Like and Money” are meant to clarify his “mantra”, the message he considers central to all his work: “It’s about the voice of reason. And it says: what is important is not the power of our kings and leaders or their so-called connection with God. What is really important is the connection between us as human beings, the whole human community. We, human beings, are scattered all over the globe – but we are all related because we all come from Africa.
Can't wait to hear him sing Great Gig In The Sky

(Roger's version)

Well either that or Prince's 1999 the New Master, which is so bad I can't find an audio copy on the internet to post here.

EDIT: oh here it is, this video was so long I assumed it was a review but I think it has all the remixes as well. A good laugh if you want to hear someone fucking up their own song with useless clutter

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
(Roger's version)

Well either that or Prince's 1999 the New Master, which is so bad I can't find an audio copy on the internet to post here.

EDIT: oh here it is, this video was so long I assumed it was a review but I think it has all the remixes as well. A good laugh if you want to hear someone fucking up their own song with useless clutter

What a load of shit

Scutter have you seen that stuff about Jon Carin claiming credit for writing all those terrible post-Rog Pink Floyd songs? It's gas. He casually posts stuff on FB and I'm not sure where else saying things like "This is the keyboard I used to write Lost For Words and most of AMLOR and then I taught Rick Wright how to play them live" and the Gilmour fans lose their shit. I'm pretty relived that RW is not coming to Dublin this year and I don't have go.

Scutter have you seen that stuff about Jon Carin claiming credit for writing all those terrible post-Rog Pink Floyd songs? It's gas. He casually posts stuff on FB and I'm not sure where else saying things like "This is the keyboard I used to write Lost For Words and most of AMLOR and then I taught Rick Wright how to play them live" and the Gilmour fans lose their shit. I'm pretty relived that RW is not coming to Dublin this year and I don't have go.
haha no, didn't see that. Why would anyone want to claim writing that shit?

It seems a bit pointless

its the same shit he's been doing though.

I'm trying to think if he did Money this way at the gig there in March. I don't think so.

He's just trying to piss of Gilmour and Polly, and I can get behind that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back