Moving to the sticks (2 Viewers)

rettucs

Supporter
Solutions
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
Or at least out of/far (ish) away from Dublin.

Anyone have any thoughts of doing this? I'm currently 60/40 on it, specifically to Kilkenny. Already started looking at gaffs there. The idea being that theres 10 years left on the mortgage on the gaff in Dublin but there's enough paid off to be able to sell up, clear the rest of the mortgage and buy something outright, or close to outright. And, get a bigger gaff and live closer to the city.

In a lot of ways its a no-brainer. The only possible spanner in the works could be the work situation. I'm currently fully remote and will be for as long as I'm in this company. But its unlikely this company will be around a year from now. It'll either go to shit, or get bought out.

anyways, anyone else ever think of doing anything similar?

The bang of J.M. Synge off that.

I've never seen a farmed goat. I know two people who owned donkeys, only one owned a cart. The grandparents did have geese. Geese are total pricks.

Also, around 02:35: See! There's been McMansions around for ages! Em.....

The bang of J.M. Synge off that.

I've never seen a farmed goat. I know two people who owned donkeys, only one owned a cart. The grandparents did have geese. Geese are total pricks.

Also, around 02:35: See! There's been McMansions around for ages! Em.....
the woman and the kids at the start are very good looking. The woman is obviously fairly affluent but the dress of the kids suggests they are not. Simple times but its not long since some of those people have left us (possibly some still even with us)

Or at least out of/far (ish) away from Dublin.

Anyone have any thoughts of doing this? I'm currently 60/40 on it, specifically to Kilkenny. Already started looking at gaffs there. The idea being that theres 10 years left on the mortgage on the gaff in Dublin but there's enough paid off to be able to sell up, clear the rest of the mortgage and buy something outright, or close to outright. And, get a bigger gaff and live closer to the city.

In a lot of ways its a no-brainer. The only possible spanner in the works could be the work situation. I'm currently fully remote and will be for as long as I'm in this company. But its unlikely this company will be around a year from now. It'll either go to shit, or get bought out.

anyways, anyone else ever think of doing anything similar?
I’m not far away from Dublin (east Kildare/west wicklow) but don’t regret leaving at all tbh.

I’m not far away from Dublin (east Kildare/west wicklow) but don’t regret leaving at all tbh.

Guess who's back....
Interested Kim Kardashian GIF

Getting this back on track. Have found the perfect house. Just need to see if I can get it to work out.

But since starting this thread I am convinced that I am done with Dublin 100%.
That’s honestly brilliant news, and it’s going to work out.
It has to, this thread l’ll turn in to a property version of the horn thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back