General election 2020 (6 Viewers)

Shows how vulnerable a position it is to be homeless I suppose which id imagine is also the case in other countries outside of Ireland which Irish people themselves I'm sure have experience of.

i pinged a question about it to a friend who lives in ashtown, and she was saying that journalists have made several visits to the site in the last few days, so it's possible it was just coincidence the irish times were there when the thugs arrived.

How do you reckon? Unless they live streamed it themselves
Drew Harris said a few weeks ago on the news they were watching far right organisers of the attacks and intimidation.
I would like to think that even the Gardai could understand Nazis are the worst thugs.
But it was wishful thinking on my part to expect much to happen.

I suppose this is as good a place as any.

Was at the bar tape gig in the lower deck last night,and standing outside talking to some mates, a random lad comes up and starts talking. Drunk and obviously did not know what was going on he started saying he had just been to the protest about " all those scammigrants or whatever you call them" at which point I quickly had to walk away as I could feel the rage in me building way too quick.

Too much of this shit going on these days. Too much.

I suppose this is as good a place as any.

Was at the bar tape gig in the lower deck last night,and standing outside talking to some mates, a random lad comes up and starts talking. Drunk and obviously did not know what was going on he started saying he had just been to the protest about " all those scammigrants or whatever you call them" at which point I quickly had to walk away as I could feel the rage in me building way too quick.

Too much of this shit going on these days. Too much.

I worry that we’re at a tipping point now where the random gobshite, more or less formless racism is been drawn into something more structured and organised.

Kitty Holland isn’t exactly a junior reporter. She was there before it started and witnessed it happening, and then interviewed the victims. Hard to reconcile that with the cops showing up late and saying “no injuries reported.”

She literally spoke to the attackers but it's also not surprising that the people there didn't want to talk/report to the cops who magically didn't turn up til after the attackers had left the area.

"When interrupted by The Irish Times and asked why they were attacking the camp, the men – all white, Irish – alleged the residents had been involved in an assault locally."

I worry that we’re at a tipping point now where the random gobshite, more or less formless racism is been drawn into something more structured and organised.
my wife was saying it's more open on facebook now also; she's unfriended several people in the last few weeks who have come out with 'ireland for the irish' or 'close the borders' sort of nonsense, people who would have had shown no interest in any form of politics before.

my wife was saying it's more open on facebook now also; she's unfriended several people in the last few weeks who have come out with 'ireland for the irish' or 'close the borders' sort of nonsense, people who would have had shown no interest in any form of politics before.

I heard a fair bit of that last night alright.

Kitty Holland isn’t exactly a junior reporter. She was there before it started and witnessed it happening, and then interviewed the victims. Hard to reconcile that with the cops showing up late and saying “no injuries reported.”
The Gards do not give - nor have they ever given - a fuck
They are clock-watching work dodgers, waiting out their 25 years to pension

Just read that story about the lad having his jaw broken on the quays for his iPhone at the weekend.
He couldn't even get Pearse St to answer the door to him.

Any cops that went to that camp would have been looking to make the whole thing go away.
They say "investigations are ongoing" which means they have fucked it in the bin and put the kettle on.

Kitty is fucking amazing btw. A warrior. We need a thousand of her.

there are a lot of apathetic eejits getting worked up about nonsense in the last three years.
The guards must be looking for some new recruits
I called 911 a long time ago...
it's amazing any Gardai ever get injured because they often don't bother coming out if sounds dangerous.

If I was a cop I'd love kicking the shit out of Nazis. But Bullies only seem to beat up vulnerable people.
EDITED

Drew Harris said a few weeks ago on the news they were watching far right organisers of the attacks and intimidation.
I would like to think that even the Gardai could understand Nazis are the worst thugs.
But it was wishful thinking on my part to expect much to happen.
He seems like a solid and well-meaning guy, trying to change the culture in there, with policy
And everyone knows how that goes. You may as well try to stop the tide coming in
The culture chewed up and spat out Maurice McCabe
They'll work around Harris til he gives up

They're not fit for purpose
God help anyone that needs help or protection from them

He seems like a solid and well-meaning guy, trying to change the culture in there, with policy
And everyone knows how that goes. You may as well try to stop the tide coming in
The culture chewed up and spat out Maurice McCabe
They'll work around Harris til he gives up

They're not fit for purpose
God help anyone that needs help or protection from them
never needed Gardai's help or anything except validating an ID card.
I wouldn't call them unless someone was being severely bullied or threatened with violence or going the hurt themselves but if all else fails I'd do that.

I know more people that have been messed around by the cops than helped - some of them seem to care about their work others couldn't care.

one case that sickened me was a young lad who was doing well trying to sort out addiction problems.
the Gardai came to his house because he hadn't attended some liaison officer thing (not sure of correct term). Not only did they not take him to Limerick 35 miles away but they actually took the kid to Dublin 100 miles away just to process a bench warrant that for some reason couldn't be done at the local Garda station 2 km away.
His mother came home and had no idea where he was gone. In Dublin they gave the lad money to go home on his own but he got on the wrong train and ended up 65 miles from home and morale shattered by the time his folks collected him.

The landlord class are flatlining in political popularity and you have a few people with no homes getting bullied by people who are supposedly in sight of homelessness. Meanwhile you have a third division between the people bullying people who have no homes and people who dont want to see bullying.

So the age old race type division is being sparked at a time of low political capital when society has a completely valid disillusionment in government housing policy. The poor vs. the poor vs. the poor is much easier for the landlord/political class to stomach than the poor vs. the rich.

Putin played the nazi card when launching a land invasion of another country last year, and has a great record when it comes to using a little push here and there to social media trends in order to get a little instability going in his favour. He needs western europe to remain unstable at this time.

Meanwhile twitter since its buyout by a state entwined oligarch has been redesigned as a porthole for extremists.*

The idea that the language of 1937 is deemed suitable for the oligarchical machines at play at present makes it easier to sew seeds of division for sure - nazi is a societal non negotiable term in as we continue to live in the shadow of world war two. there might be better comparisons drawn with the black and tans or the divisional seeds sewn in the formative years of the USA when it was easier to turn black and white against each other than have them turn against those who were profiting from it.

I backed off from this because people got more concerned about proving that i was wrong than looking at the societal map. Coming at it from a conflict resolution point of view the 80 year old terminology gives it a haven to live in. They are the bad guys and we are good guys and because they are now associated with a death machine from another century through language there is no room to associate. Someone posting on facebook? maybe they have nazi ties, best give a wide berth. The end game is what? Permanent reinforcement of societal devisions based on language or resolution through communication? The claims made tend to be centred on single theme of 'ireland already has homeless / govt failure / we cant allow more homeless in' which is a string of contradictions in general when the Ire is directed at the victims of policy rather than the architects. In that I don't think anyone is too confused about our current govt haveing over a decade of non action on homelessness at this point, that's the grain of truth the mire of anti asylum chat is being founded on, and it's effective because it makes being pro-humanity somehow devisive.

It's almost like an agent provocatuer type situating which has totally never happened before in either a fianna fail or drew harris led administration.

Anywhooo we can get into semantics but I see a division in three directions that has to be resolved and I don't thing the language of 1937 is going to do it.

*RE twitter.

Since i deleted my account, i now browse it as a website, a news page. And HOLY fuck does it push right wing hard in a way that was pretty obscured when i had an account and a social circle on there.

The landlord class are flatlining in political popularity and you have a few people with no homes getting bullied by people who are supposedly in sight of homelessness. Meanwhile you have a third division between the people bullying people who have no homes and people who dont want to see bullying.

So the age old race type division is being sparked at a time of low political capital when society has a completely valid disillusionment in government housing policy. The poor vs. the poor vs. the poor is much easier for the landlord/political class to stomach than the poor vs. the rich.

Putin played the nazi card when launching a land invasion of another country last year, and has a great record when it comes to using a little push here and there to social media trends in order to get a little instability going in his favour. He needs western europe to remain unstable at this time.

Meanwhile twitter since its buyout by a state entwined oligarch has been redesigned as a porthole for extremists.*

The idea that the language of 1937 is deemed suitable for the oligarchical machines at play at present makes it easier to sew seeds of division for sure - nazi is a societal non negotiable term in as we continue to live in the shadow of world war two. there might be better comparisons drawn with the black and tans or the divisional seeds sewn in the formative years of the USA when it was easier to turn black and white against each other than have them turn against those who were profiting from it.

I backed off from this because people got more concerned about proving that i was wrong than looking at the societal map. Coming at it from a conflict resolution point of view the 80 year old terminology gives it a haven to live in. They are the bad guys and we are good guys and because they are now associated with a death machine from another century through language there is no room to associate. Someone posting on facebook? maybe they have nazi ties, best give a wide berth. The end game is what? Permanent reinforcement of societal devisions based on language or resolution through communication? The claims made tend to be centred on single theme of 'ireland already has homeless / govt failure / we cant allow more homeless in' which is a string of contradictions in general when the Ire is directed at the victims of policy rather than the architects. In that I don't think anyone is too confused about our current govt haveing over a decade of non action on homelessness at this point, that's the grain of truth the mire of anti asylum chat is being founded on, and it's effective because it makes being pro-humanity somehow devisive.

It's almost like an agent provocatuer type situating which has totally never happened before in either a fianna fail or drew harris led administration.

Anywhooo we can get into semantics but I see a division in three directions that has to be resolved and I don't thing the language of 1937 is going to do it.
OK henceforth 'Nazis' = 'violent organised racists'.
The government selling off thousands of flats owned by NAMA to vulture companies like IRES-REIT is unforgivable. Only a sucker would blame anyone else.

The landlord class are flatlining in political popularity
We need to take these wins as we can get them.

The current situation is what the government want, they designed this country, they've run it for 100 years, the housing situation has been known about for a long, long time; they're only delighted the focus is on homeless people living in tents and abandoned ESB buildings and not on them.

We could close our borders and deport every non Irish person today and there still wouldn't be any houses, the only difference is our public health system would collapse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back