Minor complaints thread (22 Viewers)

Google is your friend here, but off the top of my head, Cat 6 is a lot faster than Cat 5, there's not a lot more to be said for Cat 7, it's the latest, and therefore best for some reason.

Don't confuse me. Is that actually true?

My landlord was baffled by the flat cable, since as far as he knew, Cat's are a wound cable. And he's the kind of guy that would know about these things.

Sure Jan GIF

I don't do much of that sort of thing these days, but i find that the flat cables are a lot easier to work with and slightly easier to terminate than the regular ones. Although, terminating lots of ethernet cables is one of the worst things in the world, requiring as it does manual dexterity, decent eyesight, and fingertips made of anything other than human skin, so that's not really saying much.

I don't do much of that sort of thing these days, but i find that the flat cables are a lot easier to work with and slightly easier to terminate than the regular ones. Although, terminating lots of ethernet cables is one of the worst things in the world, requiring as it does manual dexterity, decent eyesight, and fingertips made of anything other than human skin, so that's not really saying much.
Plus the original cables would make that cat piss smell when you cut them (thus the name). The old timers used to arrive home smelling like cat piss, and their wives would ask them "Awww Honey! Working on those cat cables again?", and the old timer would give the wife a full force head butt to the face. Because he was drunk at that point, and it was the 50s, and that's just how things were back then.

Simpler times really.

was cleaning my bedroom today. Records and CDs all taken off the shelves etc. Did a good job and got it done in good time.
But afterwards either side of my groin it felt like my hernias were going to come out - I need to lose some weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

• egg_
  • M
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back