Minor Pleasures (9 Viewers)

baked potatoes. From the microwave. With cream cheese, because that's what was in the fridge.

Why haven't I been doing this all the time?

Possible answers -
Necessity is the mother of invention
Hunger is good sauce

Or: I don't want to be a boring type who eats the same thing everyday. But then, that thing is good, really good, every bit as good as something with an Italian name from the supermarket. So I should get my head out of my arse.

I was thinking more about the last couple of weeks where I was on a bit of a downer, and I would have considered eating a slice of toast to be a winning day. #Saturday night confessions.

But I'm back at work now (not right this minute, but I had nearly a month off, unasked for), and it's been rough getting back into it, but it's good. But as you say, hunger is a great sauce indeed.

I used to always get the croque monsieur out of that cafe across from NCAD when I worked in The Liberties.
"Could I have the Croque Monsiuer please?"
"Wha?, That one? Grand. Sit down there."

To me it was all exotic. But then them Fontaines DC lads came and stole my thunder.

I fixed my dodgy bedroom door. My door is dodgy, not my bedroom.
Didn't fully sort it, it's not perfect, but I no longer need to rugby tackle my way into my own bedroom.

I could do more, but I don't want to risk making it worse. The landlord didn't want me messing with it, and assured me he'd buy some "rising hinges", some day. Sounds great, but I do live here every day.

A lad walked into the pub tonight wearing a chainmail vest. Proper medieval chain-mail.

Over that he had a leather motorcyclists jacket. He did not have a motorcycle.

That's all good, I and my drinking buddy were quite impressed with the chain-mail really. My mates a welder, the mail was pretty cool.
We were less impressed with the heavy leather jacket over that. Less impressed again with the adidas tracksuit bottoms he had on.

Then our knight in hipster armour asks my drinking colleague (who was quite drunk) "are you ok man?". The fucking temerity of it. He just just looks at me and we both burst out laughing.
We both grab our drinks and have a swig.
"Basic" he said.
We laughed again.
Then chain mail guy left, on his horse, or motorcycle, or jogging route, or whatever bullshitmobile he sauntered in on.

A lad walked into the pub tonight wearing a chainmail vest. Proper medieval chain-mail.

Over that he had a leather motorcyclists jacket. He did not have a motorcycle.

That's all good, I and my drinking buddy were quite impressed with the chain-mail really. My mates a welder, the mail was pretty cool.
We were less impressed with the heavy leather jacket over that. Less impressed again with the adidas tracksuit bottoms he had on.

Then our knight in hipster armour asks my drinking colleague (who was quite drunk) "are you ok man?". The fucking temerity of it. He just just looks at me and we both burst out laughing.
We both grab our drinks and have a swig.
"Basic" he said.
We laughed again.
Then chain mail guy left, on his horse, or motorcycle, or jogging route, or whatever bullshitmobile he sauntered in on.

'chain mail hipster'

an aidswank side project perhaps

Listening to Giant Steps on the headphones. Great guitar tones on this thing. Nice a loud guitars too. This album was well overplayed back in the day but it's really nice after such a long break.

Sorted for a few years.

Listening to Giant Steps on the headphones. Great guitar tones on this thing. Nice a loud guitars too. This album was well overplayed back in the day but it's really nice after such a long break.

Sorted for a few years.
We’re clearly thinking of two completely different Giant Steps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back